whodini question.

Mek_JaggerMek_Jagger 322 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
can anyone please tell me what the vocoder part in 'echo scratch' is sayin ?
its bugged me since 'back in black' was released.

it happens @ 0:11 and then every chorus.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    jalel is one of the worse off beat mc ever.

• Mek_JaggerMek_Jagger 322 Posts
    sure. but it never stopped me from buying their records. the production and hooks cancel out the wonky flows for me.
    i'd nominate fresh kid ice as the biggest offbeat offender of all time.

• FunkyFlatulentFunkyFlatulent 1,106 Posts
    I listened to this like a hundered times and can't even guess what it is. You should find one of them facebook or something.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    "touch Julie."

I just asked dude on Friendster.

edit - great. thanks for your help.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    If I had to guess, I'd say it's "So, Dee--do it!"

The last part is definitely "do it," and while I'm less sure about the first part, considering how much of the song they spend bigging up their dj and his skills, it would make some sense. True, the inflection's kinda fucked-up, but that could just be the vocoder.

Best off-beat MC ever might be T La Rock.

james said:

The last part is definitely "do it,"
    really? im not hearing that at all, always heard it as an 'oi' sound... maybe joy.

t la rock is on some rakim shit compared to fresh kid ice.

• AndreBretonAndreBreton 344 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    "touch Julie."

I just asked dude on Friendster.

I don't know if he's joking but I hear that.

AndreBreton said:
    ......but I hear that.

hear this. fuck off. i dont wander into your posts tryin to be funny. you and controller7 might do the same.

Mek_Jagger said:
    AndreBreton said:
    ......but I hear that.

hear this. fuck off. i dont wander into your posts tryin to be funny. you and controller7 might do the same.

Uhm ok. Taking this a little too seriously. even if you find out what it says your life is not going to be drastically different.

Warning Soul Strut! Do not taint this sacred thread.
    This is serious business. Some dude needs to clarify some garbled vocoder in order to feel whole.

It's most likely just do it, but who cares at this point. It will now forever be touch Julie!

• MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
    i'd nominate fresh kid ice as the biggest offbeat offender of all time. yeah man, as soon as Brother Marquis dropped some funky ass rhymes, Fresh Kid Ice brought it all down to nursery rhymes... All in all, "2Live is What we Are" made me fall in love with Hip Hop...

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    "scratch, do it"

just stay out the fucking conversation if nothing to add.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    GOT IT! it was buggin' me so i befriended Jalil on FB, asked and got the answer....

"serve you you're way..."

this was the original name of the song. he said they changed the title, but the engineer left it in.

• MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
    Nice !!!!

• djkingotto said:
    GOT IT! it was buggin' me so i befriended Jalil on FB, asked and got the answer....

"serve you you're way..."

this was the original name of the song. he said they changed the title, but the engineer left it in.

hi five!!!!!!! lol now that I know what he's saying, it's incredibly clear that that is what he's saying.