pacquiao vs mosley

SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
who's watching this? where are u watching it at? PREDICTIONS?

Comments

• Options
    Pacquiao. Mosley's too old.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    yeah. really the question is if mosley gets beat, or beat nasty.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Kentucky Derby and a Pacman fight on the same day just like 2 years ago.

And there's not a doubt in my mind that Pacquiao will win, but hopefully not in the 2nd round like he did Hatton

• StoneHandsStoneHands 341 Posts
    Watchin it, probably at a boxing event in Toronto where after the fights they'll put a screen up and televise the fight. I can't go against pacquiao, obviously, but Mosley might be a tougher fight than we think. Firstly, he's faster than Cotto, Margarito and Hatton, nevermind the washed up De La Hoya. He throws good combinations and has an amazing, extremely underrated chin. Doesn't swell up or get cut easy, like margarito did. I think if anyone's style resembles Marquez at welterweight, its Mosley.
    However, he's old.

We'll see

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Pac-Man TKO in 8

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I'm watching the fight tonight. I'd say the outcome will be based on a matter of styles. If Mosley lets Pacquaio box comfortably while moving around the ring, and fails to punch with him, it will be an easy Pacquaio decision victory. However, if Mosley presses, times and counters Pacquaio coming in during his 'in-out' attacks, I think he has the quickness (and power) to hurt Pacquaio. Basically, Mosley needs to press Pacquaio and punch with him during exchanges, versus being defensive and waiting as others (e.g., Margarito, Cotto) have done. It could be an interesting fight if Mosley's team follows the right game plan (i.e., NOT the one they used against Mayweather). I'm going to predict the upset, with Mosley winning in a middle-round knockout.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Any safe and free streaming sites out there?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Any safe and free streaming sites out there?

My old standby:

Thanks!

• TheKindCromangTheKindCromang 1,463 Posts
    Shit is ON!!!

• Options
    Mosley looking BAD in the 4th. Not a good bad.

Holy shit! PAC got knocked down! He's pissed now!

TheKindCromang said:
    Holy shit! PAC got knocked down! He's pissed now!

uhh, no he didn't.

Pacquiao/Mayweather please.

Good fight. PAC won. The end.

Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

I'm watching the fight tonight. I'd say the outcome will be based on a matter of styles. If Mosley lets Pacquaio box comfortably while moving around the ring, and fails to punch with him, it will be an easy Pacquaio decision victory. However, if Mosley presses, times and counters Pacquaio coming in during his 'in-out' attacks, I think he has the quickness (and power) to hurt Pacquaio. Basically, Mosley needs to press Pacquaio and punch with him during exchanges, versus being defensive and waiting as others (e.g., Margarito, Cotto) have done. It could be an interesting fight if Mosley's team follows the right game plan (i.e., NOT the one they used against Mayweather). I'm going to predict the upset, with Mosley winning in a middle-round knockout.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

wow - good call on that analysis.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    StoneHands said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hey StoneHands,

Well, my prediction was dead wrong, but indeed, based on my pre-fight analyses, Mosley fought the wrong fight. I was watching it with wifey, and after Pacquaio knocked down Mosley, I said "the fight's over since Mosley has lost the one mental edge he has in the fight, being the 'bigger man'." The knockdown took Shane's heart (which he admitted post-fight), which put him in an inescapable defensive shell. I don't know if you noticed it or not, but Shane seemed to show signs of being "punchy." He was leaning forward a lot and his balance seemed a bit off, which is characteristic of 'pugilistica dementia' type symptoms (e.g., Riddick Bowe and Terry Norris looked like this too late in their careers). His speech seemed a bit slurred during the post-fight interview too. Plus, he was 'punch-shy', a classic problem with shot fighters (remember that last Antonio Tarver vs. Roy Jones, Jr. fight?). I think Mosley should hang it up unless he wants to end up as an 'opponent' on Friday Night Fights with Bob Papa and Teddy Atlas. I hope the promoters can make the Pacquaio vs. Mayweather fight, as that's the last meaningful fight left for Pacquaio (or Mayweather for that matter).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Big_Stacks said:
    StoneHands said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hey StoneHands,

Well, my prediction was dead wrong, but indeed, based on my pre-fight analyses, Mosley fought the wrong fight. I was watching it with wifey, and after Pacquaio knocked down Mosley, I said "the fight's over since Mosley has lost the one mental edge he has in the fight, being the 'bigger man'." The knockdown took Shane's heart (which he admitted post-fight), which put him in an inescapable defensive shell. I don't know if you noticed it or not, but Shane seemed to show signs of being "punchy." He was leaning forward a lot and his balance seemed a bit off, which is characteristic of 'pugilistica dementia' type symptoms (e.g., Riddick Bowe and Terry Norris looked like this too late in their careers). His speech seemed a bit slurred during the post-fight interview too. Plus, he was 'punch-shy', a classic problem with shot fighters (remember that last Antonio Tarver vs. Roy Jones, Jr. fight?). I think Mosley should hang it up unless he wants to end up as an 'opponent' on Friday Night Fights with Bob Papa and Teddy Atlas. I hope the promoters can make the Pacquaio vs. Mayweather fight, as that's the last meaningful fight left for Pacquaio (or Mayweather for that matter).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Oh, no doubt about it. Mosley has has been talking a little punchy for the past couple of years. Considering he was never a defensive fighter (until last night i guess) and has been fighting for around 30 years, Im afraid he'll get progressively worse. It is certainly time to hang em up. What also seemed to be off about Mosley is how all over the place his legs were - I cant attribute that to the knockdown, since he was consistently shaky...
    Overall not a great night, altough Arce saved it somewhat.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    I don't know if you noticed it or not, but Shane seemed to show signs of being "punchy." He was leaning forward a lot and his balance seemed a bit off, which is characteristic of 'pugilistica dementia' type symptoms (e.g., Riddick Bowe and Terry Norris looked like this too late in their careers). His speech seemed a bit slurred during the post-fight interview too. Plus, he was 'punch-shy', a classic problem with shot fighters (remember that last Antonio Tarver vs. Roy Jones, Jr. fight?). I think Mosley should hang it up unless he wants to end up as an 'opponent' on Friday Night Fights with Bob Papa and Teddy Atlas. I hope the promoters can make the Pacquaio vs. Mayweather fight, as that's the last meaningful fight left for Pacquaio (or Mayweather for that matter).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

i first noticed shane looking punchy in the 24/7 lead-ins to his mayweather fight... he needs to get the fuck out now before he does more damage to his brain...

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    I thought this fight was kinda boring. Mosley was perpetually retreating