Which Came First? (Label Related)

TheKindCromangTheKindCromang 1,463 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
The Dunhill label that also has the abc logo with a rainbow box around it? or the one that is just the Dunhill label by itself?
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• TheKindCromangTheKindCromang 1,463 Posts
    Never mind! Looked it up on Wikipedia.

Thanks!!

D E L E T E

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I've always wondered why they abandoned the ABC/Dunhill logo spelled out in children's building blocks. Not that it's a fave of mine, but it's odd that they'd use that for a few months then revert back to the rainbow/ABC label.

• TheKindCromangTheKindCromang 1,463 Posts
    pickwick33 said:
    I've always wondered why they abandoned the ABC/Dunhill logo spelled out in children's building blocks. Not that it's a fave of mine, but it's odd that they'd use that for a few months then revert back to the rainbow/ABC label.

Generally speaking - any label with a rainbow is NAGL
    I'm thinking first and foremost of the later era MCA label with the rainbow on the black background.

The Salsoul logo and the rainbow in it is exempt.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    pickwick33 said:

I'm thinking first and foremost of the later era MCA label with the rainbow on the black background.

60's Capitol?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    TheKindCromang said:
    pickwick33 said:

60's Capitol?

Or Vee Jay:

The MCA with the rainbow-on-black was actually early in their run (right after they stopped being "Decca" in 1973). I got no problem with it. Even the 1980s rainbow-and-clouds design wasn't too bad.