The Thank a Strutteur Thread

Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
Thank a Strutteur for turning you on to something you hadn't heard before.

My thanks go to Edith Head for poasting this one, which introduced me to Tame Impala:

Peace.
Lee.

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Who ever posted the Ling Lang Love Song in the UCLA student video blog post.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    I couldnt find the thread but a while back some dude posted a thread dissing Pitchfork's choice of album of the year given to Fleet Foxes first album. I really loved that album and learned about it from that thread. I post this because I'm currently playing their new album its equally facemelt to me.

Thanks

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I want to thank the one Faux for this latin jazz rec

• 3rdshow3rdshow 168 Posts
    I'm sending out a big THANK YOU To Phill Most Chill a.k.a. Soulman
    for putting me on to so many now favorite joints of mine with his Coolin mixtape/comp.
    Many others could be mentioned here as well but that one really played a huge role in
    shaping my musical taste.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Pony
    Beaver
    Kon
    David Wingate

all by mixes

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Frank for his afro mixes, and the knowledge/stories that accompanied them

• Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts
    Breakself for "You Make Everything Better" by Curtis, the Brothers, on his Bumpshop set.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Thank you Dori Secret Chimp for Mingering Mike! Also... Neil?

Thank you Bambouche and Asprin for Vanguard Squad and more!

Thank you Day for mixes.

Thanks 32 for AEIOU, also Diplo.

Kon and Amir or course.

Thank you Monty Stark, RIP.
    Topstictch
    Dee Rock
    Mongo Slade?
    Phill Most
    Anyone else who was getting mixtapes to me back when they were tapes.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Thanks SS / whoever posted it for hipping me to The Weeknd!

• marwal_bustmarwal_bust 195 Posts
    Most everyone in old movie thread...and tha netflix queue threads before...me and harvey and magntic are of same mind.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:

And Parallax for this one in the easy listening fire thread:

Peace.
    Lee.

Hey, you're welcome!

Corny as hell, but I don't care: thanks Raj for creating and maintaining this place. I'm sure it's a headache at times.

Kindly,
    parallax

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Thank you, Rich, for the fried catfish.

Thank you, Bill, for the dollar.

Thank you, Martin, for the Lone Star.

Thank you, Brian, for your next copy of Marrero.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    After all this time on here, the list is too long and I would definitely leave people out by accident.
    So, not to cop out, but I have to say that I owe everyone here a BIG THANK YOU for turning me on to all kinds of things - music, movies, books and even answering confounding technological questions.

More than anything though, it???s the exposure to rap ??? Southern, regional, etc. - that I would not be exposed to otherwise. The (sign)posts have helped introduce me to some amazing amazing music and artists, that have helped turn me on to more music and artists and so on.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    my first post here was a thread asking for "Krautrock recommendations beyond the usual suspects." I think that was the actual title. It had a big impact on my listening habits, and turned me on to a bunch of records I didn't know before, including the better Achim Reichel releases. anyway, I didn't retain the link after the site overhaul so I can't thank everybody by name, but the recommendations in that and an early (for me) "books about music" thread were stellar.

Also, Bassie gets a big shout for amazing Toronto advice each year I go up north for their film fest.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Ha! And I ws just thinking I need to say Thank You to everyone who has showed me amazing hospitality when I come to their city...and for all the food/record/tourist tips when I have rolled through.

• Thanks to everyone who contributed to his one.

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/64707/

Thanks Reynaldo for being so succinct.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Dear THE_MACK,

Thanks for having that poster of J. Lo in your closet that time and lighting it so that it almost looked like you did have J. Lo in your closet. That was you right? Or was that blaz. If it was blaz, sorry for mistaking you for blaz. (and thanks blaz)

Thanks for introducing me to the phrase, "Line it up in the puccini" -- it still gets use around my house. I know that one was you (side-thanks for "who cares, just poke her out, yo." It doesn't really get used as much as the puccini, but it gave me a good laugh.)

Thanks also for the argyle sweater.

Your friend,
    JRoot

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Strut Massive,

I say a big "THANK YOU" to all of you for being such a great part of my life for nearly 8 years. I wish you all nothing but the best. I look forward to many more years of music, knowledge sharing, witty barbs, shit-talkin', and most importantly, love.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Thank you, Rich, for the fried catfish.

Thank you, Bill, for the dollar.

Thank you, Martin, for the Lone Star.

Thank you, Brian, for your next copy of Marrero.

No sweat. Sometimes it is better to be a dollar short than a day late I guess.