Al Green Acoustic video

frankynipplezfrankynipplez 410 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Chek it out, Al doing a acoustic live performance surrounded by records..enjoy! Al Green - Rainin in my heart

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    More please, thanks for the heads up.

Doc Gospel

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Cool song. His smiles kind of kills it for me.

- spidey

• Beautiful

• This is dynamite. I saw Al live about 5yrs ago in a sit-down 'headliner'-type show, he played for 35 minutes plus encore and that was it. Every time his band struck a groove Al would wave them down and try to get the crowd to do a sing-a-long. It was the most maddening show ever and tix were like $40 or something. That said, there were some brilliant moments.

Live, if he did a few tunes acoustically as he's doing here, people would go bananas.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Live, if he did a few tunes acoustically as he's doing here, people would go bananas.

It would definitely be public boner time for this hipster.

On the SNL 25th Anniversary show, he tore shit up. Seemed like he was very on his game.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Beautiful

Yeah. I wish he would give a show in Copenhagen one day, but an appearence in this corner of the world would unfortunately be very .

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    loved seeing him live last year, even though i was one of few white heads in the crowd... which was somewhat surprising

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    This is dynamite. I saw Al live about 5yrs ago in a sit-down 'headliner'-type show, he played for 35 minutes plus encore and that was it. Every time his band struck a groove Al would wave them down and try to get the crowd to do a sing-a-long. It was the most maddening show ever and tix were like $40 or something. That said, there were some brilliant moments.

I've got tickets to see Al in NJ next week (taking my GF for her birthday), hopefully he'll perform for a little longer than that...has anyone out there caught his live act lately?

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Speaking of Al Greene, has anyone ever encountered his very very first LP? Supposedly before he recorded with Jimmy Mitchell at HI, he recorded an LP on his first label: 'Hotline Music Journal' records. Does this even exsist? I know about the 45s, Im talking about the LP.