poast some acoustic guitar clips

TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

• Seu Jorge

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Holy smokes. That Andy McKee is next level. Thanks for posting, I was not up on this dude until now.

• NocentelliNocentelli 29 Posts

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

I really, REALLY like this song. Melbourne singer who is starting to get the props she deserves as a singer-songwriter.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    waxjunky said:
    Holy smokes. That Andy McKee is next level. Thanks for posting, I was not up on this dude until now.

I was very impressed. I had never seen the partial capo and of course his playing and technique were next level. But then I got bored half way through. The song didn't seem t be going anywhere, stuck on repeat. To me, Django had something to say and the ability to say it, McKee just had the ability.

I kept not finding the stuff I wanted to post.

Larry Johnson is a folk blues guitarist. To me, the best of Gary Davis students.
    He has a record on Prestige I don't recommend.
    The good one is called Fast & Funky on Blue Goose. One of the best acoustic blues guitar lps you will hear.

The only thing I could find on yt were clips from the cd reissue and a more recent electric guitar thing.

He also jams some shuffles on some of those Spivey records.

I started to post some Doc Watson, but you guys already know about that.

• bruceforcebruceforce 92 Posts
    hey all,
    just thinking about this post. have seen mckee, and he's great, if a bit new-agey. anyways.
    i book a summer music festival right outside of NYC town, and would like any local recommendations if you have them, for bands or singer/songwriters etc.
    its a lot of folk/americana/quiet freakout stuff during the day, and more lively and visually interesting stuff at night.
    any suggestions, welcome on p.m.'s

s
    p.s. this may be more apropos to post on waxidermy, but what the heck

• bruceforcebruceforce 92 Posts

• arvidarvid 50 Posts

That Bill Orcutt was awesome.

Thanks for the John Hurt. I told a story here once before about Spike Driver Blues. Short version: I learned to play all the notes on the guitar, but the music was not there.

• arvidarvid 50 Posts
    Yeah, John Hurt is amazing... He's such a gentle guitar player.
    And I really like Bill Orcutt for the roughness. A stripped down acoustic guitar, but he still rocks.