Re-Issues

MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
Just wondering if you Strutters are buying those recent re-issues and comps. Terea (Jazzman 500 copies), Those Shocking Shaking Days (Now Again), Bobby Boyd Congress (Vadim Music 500 copies), K.Frimpong & his Cubano Fiestas (Continental Records), Marijata (Academy) etc. Seems like they're not pressing that many copies anymore. Since some of the originals are sooooo hard to find, I keep buying those re's. What about you?

Comments

• the way it should be! low numbers pressed, with OG artwork....a winning formula!

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    word TB.

And yeah im buying them, I bought some of those Vadim reissues..like BBC and roubaix..
    love love that BBC record.

• MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
    Yeah, finally that one was re-issued. Still waiting for a proper re-issue of Hilton Felton's "Family & Friends" . One that's on my wantlist for many years but seems too expansive nowadays.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    I don't buy very many, but I did pick up that Stringtronics reissue recently on Vadim limited edition and hand numbered.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    last reissues I got were the Psychedelic Aliens and that Fuzz Bananas thing...both excellent.

On the African/third world reissue tip, I would like to see vinyl presses of stuff that is cassette only in its OG form...thinking there is a bunch heat out there only available on cassette

• MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
    Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking of. Much respect to PPU, Now Again (Egon), Jazzman etc. They keep me sharp, ordering their latest releases as I'm really looking forward to them....