Recommend me some cables, please.

Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
So Im still using the same radio shack rca cables with quarter inch adapters. Its time to upgrade, cause I get the radio and this deep white noise in my samples. It sounds fresh but not that fresh. I've looked at Monster, Hosa, but what are some great cables. Price is only something of a concern. Anyone have any reccomendations?

Comments

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    There was this thread discussing cabling, which has some recommendations from mesh.

Brands that won't fail you: Mogami and Gepco. I'd steer clear of Hosa. Your white noise may be radio frequency noise, or grounding issues. Cables wouldn't beat that completely.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    thanks cuz, sorry for repeating some old shit. I just want attention.

• i'd get some shielded rca's for replacement. avoid unneccessary length, as longer cables act as antennas and will pick up radio frequencies. as for the white noise, make sure that everything is grounded properly (turntable, wall outlet, etc.). fuck any stupidly expensive brands like monster. you can find some cheaper alternatives that will work as good or better. cheap cables can work just fine if they aren't picking up interference...