Weird pressing of "Black belt Jones" on 45?

discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
WTF?

B/w "Apache" by Ingman? Also listed as "Love theme..." but it's clearly the monster funk main theme?

  Comments


  • The_NonThe_Non 5,690 Posts
    That is weird. Seems like a boot, but it has the licensing info along the side, and backed by a different group/song no less that is also da funk. Perhaps the answer is in what Myrth Records was? I've seen a Filipino pressing of this, which I thought was odd. This goes way beyond that shit.

  • SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The_Non said:
    backed by a different group/song no less that is also da funk.

    did you just call Apache by J??rgen Ingmann funk?

  • Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    musica said:
    WTF?

    B/w "Apache" by Ingman? Also listed as "Love theme..." but it's clearly the monster funk main theme?

    Is it the Hoctor records version?

  • The_NonThe_Non 5,690 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    The_Non said:
    backed by a different group/song no less that is also da funk.

    did you just call Apache by J??rgen Ingmann funk?

    Yeah, I went there. No, actually I was assuming the labeling was a lie and they backed it w/IBB Apache, but that is presumptuous.

  • discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Big_Chan said:
    musica said:
    WTF?

    B/w "Apache" by Ingman? Also listed as "Love theme..." but it's clearly the monster funk main theme?

    Is it the Hoctor records version?

    No, just a weird alternate press of the original "Main Theme of Blackbelt Jones". Really strange, actually, since it appears to be from the 70s era.

  • HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I'm pretty sure that the Jorgen Ingman version of Apache was on Atlantic originally (at least in the U.S.), which makes this weirder.

    It has to be a boot, but who knows what the idea behind it was.

  • LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,518 Posts
    Jamaican?

    Black Belt Jones is the B side.

  • HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Jamaican?

    It doesn't look like a Jamaican record, but who knows?

    I'd guess the Bronx.

  • I seen a copy for sale in NYC a few years ago and was told it was a Jamacian boot. The label info was photo copied from the original releases.
Sign In or Register to comment.