Concussion Strut

covecove 1,566 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
Anyone ever gotten a big, bad concussion?
I'm slowly getting over my first severe one, and it's pretty messed up.
Even shittier than i had imagined.

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Take care.
    I was banging my head open on the regular when I was a little kid.

• suffered from more than a few of these. has the vertigo & dizzyness kicked in yet? no fun. get a CT scan to make sure you're all good is what i would suggest.

• Options
    I had two major concussions before I turned five, and have racked up another 8-10 minors with a couple extra majors since then. By major, I mean knocked unconscious with no memory of what happened. Minors are just lots of dizziness and blurred vision, usually isolated to one particular spot in the vision field. They suck, thats for sure. I haven't had one in quite some time now, I'm overdue for a good knock.

• picoandsepulveda said:
    suffered from more than a few of these. has the vertigo & dizzyness kicked in yet? no fun. get a CT scan to make sure you're all good is what i would suggest.

skateboarding from 9 to 16 till my knees fucked up, had several concussions i remember fallin off a ramp headfirst and 4 ppl tryin to get my hands of my head which i was manically clinging to cuz of the pain until i got to the hospital. thats the worst i can remember.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Get a scan.

Best friend (who is a doctor) got a bloodclot on the brain a couple of years ago and is slowly putting his life back together.

• I fell 2 floors onto my head a few years back, a potplant broke my fall, without which I probably would have been killed. I've had pretty bad tinitus since.

Got paid.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I actually was at the hospital last week, but turned down the scan. I didnt want the radiation for someone to tell me what i knew. Judgement call!

Im almost 100 % now, a week later. I was stuttering and couldnt walk for the first hours; very scary.

• kemskems 120 Posts
    Pimlicosquirrel - have you tried anything to remedy the tinnitus? I had that shit really bad a few years back and could not get rid of it. Finally, a long lost cousin told me how they got rid of it using ginkgo biloba extract diluted in water. I used the hell out of that and finally got rid of it. I also was really over the ringing and a holistic doctor put me onto goji juice. I was overdoing the ginkgo and goji but eventually got rid of at least 90% of the ringing. I can still hear it in a really quiet place but for the most part it's gone. If you haven't tried either of those I would say it's worth the shot. Tinnitus is awful for months i couldn't sleep. I hope you find at least a partial cure for that.

Sorry to hijack the concussion thread with all that. Just to add i'm sure i've gotten at least a few minor ones in my younger days but just never went to the hospital or got checked out.

• kems said:
    Pimlicosquirrel - have you tried anything to remedy the tinnitus? I had that shit really bad a few years back and could not get rid of it. Finally, a long lost cousin told me how they got rid of it using ginkgo biloba extract diluted in water. I used the hell out of that and finally got rid of it. I also was really over the ringing and a holistic doctor put me onto goji juice. I was overdoing the ginkgo and goji but eventually got rid of at least 90% of the ringing. I can still hear it in a really quiet place but for the most part it's gone. If you haven't tried either of those I would say it's worth the shot. Tinnitus is awful for months i couldn't sleep. I hope you find at least a partial cure for that.

Sorry to hijack the concussion thread with all that. Just to add i'm sure i've gotten at least a few minor ones in my younger days but just never went to the hospital or got checked out.

Thanks Kems, I'll defiantly give it a shot regardless of my skepticism. I think the thing with head trauma cases is the follicles/receptors are irreparably damaged.

It is maddening at times, I'm glad you have found some relief.