Denver: what's good?

InnerSpaceInnerSpace 443 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
My wife and I are heading there on Friday. Any record stores/thrifts, places to go, restaurants etc.? Thanks ahead of time.

Comments

• overflooverflo 59 Posts
    In Denver the indpendent used to be dope. Boulder has some cool used vinyl shops like Barts & Albums on the hill. Could be worth the 20 min drive from Denver.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    What part of town you gonna be in?

• mrmatthew said:

We are staying at the Brown Palace.

• overflo said:
    In Denver the indpendent used to be dope. Boulder has some cool used vinyl shops like Barts & Albums on the hill. Could be worth the 20 min drive from Denver.

I might check it out, but it looks like an hour drive or so, thanks!

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    i had good luck with 45s at the wax trax vinyl location in capital hill

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    InnerSpace said:
    mrmatthew said:

Smart move on the Brown Palace.
    Swankiest digs in town...and less than .1/2 miles from a few of the best stores in town.
    Jerrys and Wax Trax are walking distance. Down Colfax another mile is Twist And Shout and The Tattered Cover (cool bookstore) right next to each other. If your looking to do some driving Black and Read in Arvada is the place to hit (20 minutes NW betwen Boulder and Denver).
    As for nightlife, the Ships Tavern in Brown Palace is old school charming. Take the 16th Trolley to the other end and hit Double Daughters Saloon or The Cruise Room.
    Tons of good restaurants (too many to mention).
    Have Fun,
    MrMatthew

• mrmatthew said:
    InnerSpace said:
    mrmatthew said:

Smart move on the Brown Palace.
    Swankiest digs in town...and less than .1/2 miles from a few of the best stores in town.
    Jerrys and Wax Trax are walking distance. Down Colfax another mile is Twist And Shout and The Tattered Cover (cool bookstore) right next to each other. If your looking to do some driving Black and Read in Arvada is the place to hit (20 minutes NW betwen Boulder and Denver).
    As for nightlife, the Ships Tavern in Brown Palace is old school charming. Take the 16th Trolley to the other end and hit Double Daughters Saloon or The Cruise Room.
    Tons of good restaurants (too many to mention).
    Have Fun,
    MrMatthew

Dude thanks for the heads up! Me and the wife are gonna have a great weekend!