WE ARE THE WORLD vs DO THEY KNOW IT'S CHRISTMAS

incompletejigsawincompletejigsaw 756 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central

Reading the Schifin vs. Mancini thread made me think of this for some reason. While I love both songs and they both did a great deal to bring awareness to situations of hunger and poverty not only on the continent of Africa but also around the world, I always loved Do They Know It's Christmas more. What say the Strut on this?!

Comments

• To borrow a phrase from the English, both utter SHITE...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I got the Do They Know 12" for Christmas and when I tried to sell it at a used record store with some other Christmas gift crap in the new year, they refused it. I left it on the sidewalk outside their door.

• Options
    funky16corners said:
    To borrow a phrase from the English, both utter SHITE...

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    between the two songs, I'd say you were catching hell either way

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Olivia Newton John or the Carpenters?

• LaserWolf said:
    Olivia Newton John or the Carpenters?

Always.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:

Reading the Schifin vs. Mancini thread made me think of this for some reason. While I love both songs and they both did a great deal to bring awareness to situations of hunger and poverty not only on the continent of Africa but also around the world, I always loved Do They Know It's Christmas more. What say the Strut on this?!

This is a joke, right?

• Do they know it's xhristmas ftw.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    This is an awful debate. If I ignore this thread will it go away?

• tabira said:
    incompletejigsaw said:

This is a joke, right?

No. But he is.

Most difficult 5 minutes ever.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    WE ARE THE WORLD vs DO THEY KNOW ITS CHRISTMAS
    Take that schitt to salvationarmy.org

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    "THAT'S WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR" FTW!

War-focken-wick!

• Options
    J i m s t e r said:
    "THAT'S WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR" FTW!

War-focken-wick!

That song makes me want to own a gun.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    ^^^ LOVES THE OVER-EMOTIONAL ELTON JOHN SECTION.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

• minimini 879 Posts
    Do They Know It's Christmas was worst song in the world, admits Bob Geldof

By Simon Cable
    Last updated at 11:24 AM on 29th November 2010

If you haven???t heard a rendition of Do They Know It???s Christmas yet this year, it???s only a matter of time.
    But should you curse Bob Geldof for writing That Song, you???ll be in good company. He???s fed up with it too.
    The single was released 26 years ago today as Geldof set up Band Aid to raise money for famine-hit Ethiopia.
    And although it became the biggest selling single in the world at the time, it seems he???s had enough.
    He said: ???I am responsible for two of the worst songs in history. One is Do They Know It???s Christmas? and the other one is We Are The World.
    'Any day soon, I will go to the supermarket, head to the meat counter and it will be playing. Every ****ing Christmas.???

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1333921/Do-They-Know-Its-Christmas-worst-song-world-admits-Bob-Geldof.html#ixzz1IpRiFboj

• I stopped visiting another forum very recently after bile started pouring out of my ears..... Cardboard cutouts, dickriders, whiney fkin hipsters and other assorted losers being in the majority...

Where can I go? Ah, to the Strut...

Oh, they've infiltrated here as well..... Digital Bill Grundy type foot incident pending...

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Sending Our Love Down A Well

"I wanted to do something to help the boy. So I called my good friend Sting. He said 'Krusty when do you need me?' I said, 'Thursday.' He said 'I'm busy Thursday.' I said 'What about Friday?' He said 'Friday's worse than Thursday.' Then he said, 'How about Saturday?' I said 'Fine' ??? True story."

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I always hoped these two songs would kill each other in a cage match.

• "Do They Know..." has the ill b-side with all of the artists saying 'hullo' to the listener over the instrumental. That said, I choose Sun City

na na na na na na na na na yeeeeaaah!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    CROHNS DISEASE VS. ULCERATIVE COLITIS