Salumi...late pass

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
Good Lord!

My girl just got back from Seattle and brought me 3 kinds of Salami from Salumi...holy shit, best stuff I have had outside of Italy (and better than some ive had in Italy).

No wonder people line up around the block for this stuff. Seattle folk are fortunate to have this in their city.

Gotta go, got beer to drink and salami to eat.

that is all, carry on.

Comments

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    Do they ship oris it instore only? I love cured meats, much more than I should.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Salumi is that Real Shit???.

Sleep not on their meatball sandwiches either.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    barjesus said:

You can order from their website:

http://www.salumicuredmeats.com/

Big_Chan said:
    barjesus said:

You can order from their website:

http://www.salumicuredmeats.com/

Rad, I'll likely convert much of my next paycheck to ham products!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    just dug into the Mole Salami...holy shit its amazing.

That's the place that's owned by Mario battalli's father, right?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    barjesus said:
    That's the place that's owned by Mario battalli's father, right?

Yes, But Dino (Mario's father) is pretty much retired. He is rarely at the shop these days. Mario's sister Gina runs the place now.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    When they finally got their license to sell a few years ago, there was a noticeable jump in overall food happiness in the city. Restaurants and pizza joints repping Salumi meats, it's been great.
    After I served on a jury a couple of years ago, I went to the spot. The judge from the trial recognized me, and I swooped to the front of the long ass line. Everyone was cool with it, but I felt it illustrated big city fake justice corruption or something...civic/neighborhood elder-type perk!

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Also, meat question: I had some mind-blowing shit that I guess was just the fat of prosciutto. What's that called? It was amazing. Nxet Lavelle-est coldcut of my life to this point, and I forgot what it was called.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    Also, meat question: I had some mind-blowing shit that I guess was just the fat of prosciutto. What's that called? It was amazing. Nxet Lavelle-est coldcut of my life to this point, and I forgot what it was called.

Lardo?