Pepper Spraying An 8 Year Old Yay or Nay

2»

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    As they were leaving the store he yelled out "Sayanara N***ers" and looks over at me. I gave him a pretty mean look and he ran over to the Mom, grabbed her leg and said "That man's being mean to me".

More parenting fail.

thats so terrible but really funny all at the same time. massive fail. then again, my mom tells me stories of how my innercity daycare conditioned me to sling "fuck you" and "motherfucker" around liberally in public places, earning me plenty backhands to the grill.

philly inquirer just ran a seven part story on violence in schools and it highlighted the violence toward classmates AND teachers in the elementary grades. kindergarteners hurting tecahing aides, third graders punching pregnant teachers in the stomach. crazy shit. i can corroborate absolutely all of it from working in disfunctional schools at all grade levels. it never bothered me, cause i was not impressed, scared or startled by the behavior, so i could talk them down or tackle them if it got to that...but i realize that most teachers shouldnt be expected to not be a little shook up when kids go absolutely berserk.

i think a lot of it has root in families, neighborhood situations. but i also think the schooling model is not very suited to young children. little boys SHOULD be bugging the fuck out when their schools are teaching them to excell at standardized tests and cut recess hours in order to do so. fuck that shit. when i was in finland, i remember sampo telling me that it was law that kids get 15 minute breaks for every hour of schooling...and that makes a hell of a lot of sense to me. theres a reason why the classroom discipline of the "good ol days" came along with corporal punishment.

back to the initial question...its a shame, but im not even that bothered by the kid getting pepper sprayed. that kid (and that parent's failures) are holding his entire class hostage. ideally he and his mom would be getting steady counseling and he could be integrated into classes with teachers specically trained to deal with that bullshit. cops should have been able to get the stick out his hands, but whatever...its not even the biggest issue here

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    ooh wow , sorry for the long ass post

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Got it strut, an adult who gets arrested for the third time committing a lewd public act, don't even mention that as he needs maximum protection so his lil feelings don't get hurt, but an 8 year old acting up in class, bring out the bazooka and nuke him...awesome!

nice sentence structure.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    jaymack said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Got it strut, an adult who gets arrested for the third time committing a lewd public act, don't even mention that as he needs maximum protection so his lil feelings don't get hurt, but an 8 year old acting up in class, bring out the bazooka and nuke him...awesome!

nice sentence structure.

Its Harvey. ""It's just who [he is]. I think it's not ever going to go away."

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    jaymack said:
    HarveyCanal said:

nice sentence structure.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

"acting up"

This kid wasnt throwing his crayons...he had the impulse to fashion and brandish a shiv to attack whomever got near him and acted on it. A "time out" aint gonna help in this situation.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    sabadabada said:

We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas!"

"I guess you could say...I hate the post office. And my parents. Lousy beatniks."

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Take the "shiv" from the lil fuckers hands, period. That's your job, not to torture the runt in the process.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

who the hell is that? i would of got it quicker if you posted a picture of tom petty.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    doublay

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    "pepper spray?! man..we put that shit on our tacos!"

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Harvey has a good point.
    Why does anyone care about these peoples private lives?

And as Rock would say, there are bad people everywhere. So what's the big deal?

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    nuke him...awesome!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    It's called an intervention.
    The only choice, really, and definitely the lesser of all evils.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Harvey has a good point.
    Why does anyone care about these peoples private lives?

And as Rock would say, there are bad people everywhere. So what's the big deal?

What you do in private is your private life.

What you do in public isn't.

• Options
    I say spray away. That kid is bad news.

And he'll probably be a cop or a prison guard when he grows up.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    It behaves or it gets the spray.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    you either spray the fucker or try to restrain him and get fired and sued because he got injured in the process

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    What I don't understand is, if this little curtain climber is so off the hook why was he still in this school? It seems like some actions would have been taken prior to calling the cops. They said this isn't the first time for this behavior. If he's this bad he should have been recommended for a special school, program, something. And I agree, medication isn't always the answer.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    It seems as though the authorities were left with little choice (pepper spray vs tackling him physically). But doesn't this reinforce that using a debilitating product is the ultimate means to getting someone to comply? I mean, the kid is already ripping walls apart to create makeshift weapons with which to threaten his peers. Spanking works (sure as hell did for me), but studies show that kids end up more being more prone to anger issues later on.

Nature made it too easy to procreate. Prob one of those mothers who relies on the school system to fill in the gaping holes in her parenting.

It is not against the law for a teacher or aid to restrain an outofcontrol child.
    It is the obligation of those who work with outofcontrol children to know the National Crisis Management Guidelines for restraining out of control children.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    If you can't subdue an 8 year old child without using pepper spray or causing injury you shouldn't be a fucking cop in the first place.

Same thing goes for unarmed 14yr old girls getting tasered in the back of the head.

The Portland Police shot a 12 year old girl, who was on the ground, with a bean bag at close range.
    Shot by one of the same cops that beat James Chasse Jr to death.

The lone cop who brought a complaint about another case of too much force by these cops got reassigned to a civilian job in a warehouse. While the cops who beat James Chasse to death all got promotions.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    day said:
    If you can't subdue an 8 year old child without using pepper spray or causing injury you shouldn't be a fucking cop in the first place.

This.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Peppers spraying an 8 year old? Yay.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Pepper spraying is passing up a golden opportunity to kick an 8 year old in the head. Thats a once in a lifetime kinda thing.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Grandfather said:
    Pepper spraying is passing up a golden opportunity to kick an 8 year old in the head. Thats a once in a lifetime kinda thing.

If we're going down that road, I've often daydreamed about picking up one out-of-control brat by the ankles and using him/her as a bat to hit another out-of-control brat. Nahmean? Satisfying and efficient.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Grandfather said:

If we're going down that road, I've often daydreamed about picking up one out-of-control brat by the ankles and using him/her as a bat to hit another out-of-control brat. Nahmean? Satisfying and efficient.
    the baby club method. I've had that same thought. But after this thread im thinking about attaching a pepper spraying hose to the end and taking out many 8 year olds in a sprinkler type motion.