Rolling Stones autograph photo price czech

BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
My neighbor is wanting to sell this. I've got a ball park idea what its worth, what do yall think?
I know its not signed to the period of when the photo is taken. :pic:

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Those prices suck. Bill Wyman isn't a easy autograph to get.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I don't mess with autographs.
    Someone tried to sell me an autographed copy of Janis Joplin's Pearl lp once.

The value of autographs depend on the market and authentication.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    LaserWolf said:

And the punchline is..................

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I have Michael Franks autograph

• Hard sell without a certificate of authenticty provided by a third party.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I don't see this being a big ticket item - the photo itself (if it's vintage) seems more interesting than the autographs.

If it had Brian Jones signature it would be a different story.

Rockadelic said:
    LaserWolf said:

And the punchline is..................

These folks come into the shop. ? Wow reocrds? Who knew people still listened to records? Do you buy records? I have the first Beatles lp what is it worth?

Then this guy asks; I have Janis Joplin - Pearl, autographed what is that worth?
    It was released after she died.
    Yeah? I have an autographed copy, what will you pay me?
    It was released after she died.
    How much is it worth?
    I'm sorry, I don't buy autographs. I only buy records with no writing on the cover.
    Oh? How much do you think it is worth?

Put World Saxophone Quartet on the turntable and turn it up loud.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    I don't see this being a big ticket item - the photo itself (if it's vintage) seems more interesting than the autographs.

If it had Brian Jones signature it would be a different story.

I was thinking the same thing myself. I'm more fond of the picture than the blue ink signature. I for one would keep the
    photo, and put it up in my office. My neighbor is not a music fan.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Some folks dont care about autographs, even rare ones...some dude came into the shop one day to return an LP he was unhappy with because of the condition (something he coulda checked on before he bought it, but whatever). It was a Booker T. and the MGs LP...VGish leaning towards VG-...but a blue mono Stax, sounded great. I noticed that it was autographed by all the members...(an Al Jackson autograph is a hard thing to come by)...so I mentioned this to him and he said "I dont care about that, I just want a record without crackle". Then I peeped the price, it was only $10, the owner must of missed the autographs somehow (I know he woulda put a bunch on it for this fact). So I let the guy exchange it for another $10 record. I promptly paid for the gentleman's $10 record and kept the autographed LP. I guess I shoulda been a perfect employee and alerted the owner to the fact he missed the autographs and let him re-sell it for more, but he was the one who let it out the door for $10 in the first place, so I kept it, because shit, Al Jackson's autograph!

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Some folks dont care about autographs, even rare ones...some dude came into the shop one day to return an LP he was unhappy with because of the condition (something he coulda checked on before he bought it, but whatever). It was a Booker T. and the MGs LP...VGish leaning towards VG-...but a blue mono Stax, sounded great. I noticed that it was autographed by all the members...(an Al Jackson autograph is a hard thing to come by)...so I mentioned this to him and he said "I dont care about that, I just want a record without crackle". Then I peeped the price, it was only $10, the owner must of missed the autographs somehow (I know he woulda put a bunch on it for this fact). So I let the guy exchange it for another $10 record. I promptly paid for the gentleman's $10 record and kept the autographed LP. I guess I shoulda been a perfect employee and alerted the owner to the fact he missed the autographs and let him re-sell it for more, but he was the one who let it out the door for $10 in the first place, so I kept it, because shit, Al Jackson's autograph!

C. Duty of Loyalty: (i) Self Dealing, agent cannot receive a benefit to the detriment of the principal; (ii) Usurping the principal???s opportunity; or (iii) obtain a secret profit.

Hypo: Priscilla authorizes Agnes to buy diamonds. Agnes spots choice diamonds, and secretly buys them for herself for $1 million. Agnes then resells the diamonds for $2 million. What duties has Agnes breached and what remedies, if any does Priscilla have against Agnes?
    Answer: Agnes has breached the duty of loyalty by: (i) self dealing, which means that she benefited herself to the principal???s detriment; (ii) by usurping the principal???s chance to buy the diamonds herself; and (iii) by making a quick, secret profit on the diamonds. As a result, the principal may recover losses caused by the breach and also may disgorge profits made by the breeching agent.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

C. Duty of Loyalty: (i) Self Dealing, agent cannot receive a benefit to the detriment of the principal; (ii) Usurping the principal???s opportunity; or (iii) obtain a secret profit.

Hypo: Priscilla authorizes Agnes to buy diamonds. Agnes spots choice diamonds, and secretly buys them for herself for $1 million. Agnes then resells the diamonds for $2 million. What duties has Agnes breached and what remedies, if any does Priscilla have against Agnes?
    Answer: Agnes has breached the duty of loyalty by: (i) self dealing, which means that she benefited herself to the principal???s detriment; (ii) by usurping the principal???s chance to buy the diamonds herself; and (iii) by making a quick, secret profit on the diamonds. As a result, the principal may recover losses caused by the breach and also may disgorge profits made by the breeching agent.

What's the exact legal term for wasting work time on internet message boards even if it's for such heroic and meaningful tasks as to document failing military missions in Lyibia? Or does your employer sponsor such activities?

There are so many moral dilemmas that lawyers have to deal with.

I think it was a friend of Saba's that this story is about.
    He is sitting in his law office when a man comes in for a quick consultation on a minor matter.
    When they are done he is asked to pay $100.00.
    The man hands him a $100 bill and leaves.
    The lawyer notices that it is actually 2 $100 bills stuck together.
    What is his legal and moral obligations?
    !) Keep the extra $100 himself?
    2) Split it with his partner?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

so what if I found the record out in the rack in the store and purchased it using my 20% employee discount? Owner would have only got $8 instead of $10.

LaserWolf said:

He is sitting in his law office when a man comes in for a quick consultation on a minor matter.

None of the matters I handle are minor.

The_Hook_Up said:
    sabadabada said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

so what if I found the record out in the rack in the store and purchased it using my 20% employee discount? Owner would have only got $8 instead of $10.

I don't think that solves the problem. The problem is that you learned about the existence of the record through the course of your employment. So regardless of when and how you obtain it, you will be breaching your duty of loyalty to the store owner if you take the record for yourself. For example, if you put the record on the shelf and came back on your day off to purchase it, or even if you quit working for him and came back later, that would still be a breach. I thihnk the only correct answer is to obtain a waiver from the store owner.

sabadabada said:
    LaserWolf said:

None of the matters I handle are minor.

So Saba has a wall street criminal transfer 5mil to the firms account.
    He realizes the client mistakenly transferred 10mil...

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    So found autographed record of Slim Goodbody. The condition is VG but I figure it still has to be worth at least $500 right?

:-P