Club nights in Rio?

pimlicosquirrelpimlicosquirrel 772 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
Anyone know any good nights, regular or one offs in Rio coming up in the next week or two?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Rio Scenarium, any night. There is a reason it has 3 stories and 3 dsncefloors and a line around the block.

Ot just go to Lapa and explore.

If you really feel the need to dress up and holler at models who will ignore you, go to Nuth, 00 or similar. Everything about these places is major assburn and the same girls are at the beach all the time, so i dont get it.

You can find 90s, grimier Rio influenced by punk and skate culture at pista 3 and casa da matriz still, with a hipster twist.

Black Friday at Clandestino is the most Soulstrut friendly thing going on, but if youre in Rio for a short time going there is kind of missing the point.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    spelunk said:

Ot just go to Lapa and explore.

Good times. Walking around drinking and eating and hitting up different spots for music was a great way to spend an evening.

Very interesting vibe with run down buildings and drinking by the aqueduct.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    spelunk said:
    Rio Scenarium, any night. There is a reason it has 3 stories and 3 dsncefloors and a line around the block.

I always make a night here when I'm in Rio... definitely a great tourist friendly local music experience. It can be intimidating, though, because everyone there is a professional dancer. I had some local girls try to teach me to samba, but it was not a pretty sight... me that is, they were definitely pretty!

Black Friday at Clandestino is the most Soulstrut friendly thing going on, but if youre in Rio for a short time going there is kind of missing the point.

This was fun too, but definitely too much of the same. I don't go to Brazil to hear mid 90s US hip hop. They also weren't as friendly to "gringo" as most places I usually go to... but I am the whitest man alive so it's no surprise or offense.