TURNTABLISM.

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central

This went down on the weekend. A local DJ (Butcher) called me wack, so I offered him $1000 cash and royalties to everything I've released on iTunes to battle me. Not if he wins or not, just to show up... He didn't show up...

This was at the MF Doom show on the weekend. Excuse the needle skips. The table was on springs... I'll post a photo...

Fuck these kids that scratch and do tricks that never had to buy 2 copies of record to juggle that talk big and ain't got that old battling spirit in 'em. Let alone went straight to relative mode and wouldn't know how to save a skip or jump in a record to save their lives...

peace.

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

pffft to whoever invented this table, it's like kryptonite to DJs who use vinyl....

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    golden.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    My brother Sheep is keeping it real!!!!!!!! Great video.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    $1000 cash just to show up? Damn, can I get that offer? I'd gladly pocket a G to get schooled on the decks. No shame in my game.

BTW, sick routine, skip or no skips.

double poast

• Nice one, Sheep! Wow, now I'm thinking of calling you out to see if you'll put up that money!

Thanks Chan & waxjunky...

yeah for real right, I'd take the $1000, do the battle, and put that money straight in the bank!

glad you enjoyed the set. the juggle was made in 2003, so it's 8 years old now... still polishes up ok for what it is...

b

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    who is he B? I have heard the name mentioned, is he an actual dj or a producer that calls himself a dj or neither

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    YEAH, KILLING IT....... DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN HAHA, NICENESS!!!!!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

NICE! Well played, bruv.

wow, thanks Day and upskiboo! Humbled, pretty jaded when it comes to turntablism, was definitely fun again, getting daps from the crowd off skills! ha!

dL: to answer your question, he's claims both. however he is a group called the "CRATE CREEPS" and they put out a track from me without consent on their album, and used to be in the Jediz until we realized he was more business than DJ. Finally, the "CRATE CREEPS" don't own any records, and this is too partly where my animosity stems. How the f- you gunna call yourself that and pose with a crate on your album when you doin' the mp3 and youTUBE jackin' for samples? LOL.

if anyone cares; here's a rough practice a week before the "battle", it's a little cleaner in most parts outside the outro....

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    that butcher and his crew sound like clowns
    i am glad you took care of them
    however seeing him get obliterated on video would have been perfect
    you could have thrown a sheep's milk cheese risotto to his grill while backspinning

pcmr said:
    that butcher and his crew sound like clowns
    i am glad you took care of them
    however seeing him get obliterated on video would have been perfect
    you could have thrown a sheep's milk cheese risotto to his grill while backspinning

I was actually going to bring a rice cooker and cook rice on stage just to take the piss!! hahaha

thanks bro. gotta take care of these clowns. "crate creeps"... jesus.

• good skills!
    always harder to do the routine as exactly planned when you have both dodgy away from home setups and a noisy crowd....props

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    i wholeheartedly endorse this product.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Battle or not, you still handled yours. Jealousy's a bitch. I hate when clowns try to call dudes out for no reason. Do you homie!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    So let me get this right:

Dude calls you out, you accept the challenge and offer a reward for simply showing up... and he is a no show?

Wow.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    WTF is with that setup (rave type thingy, or what?) last time i saw sumthin like that the 1200's were sunken on a table resting on tire tubes bolted to the underneath...felt like scratching records on a waterbed...lol, not good!

dope set man, even given the wack set up, you held your own..

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    :killin_it: :feelin_it:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    :hayek: needed

nzshadow said:
    So let me get this right:

Dude calls you out, you accept the challenge and offer a reward for simply showing up... and he is a no show?

Wow.

ok.

1. I started off replying on a thread saying how this one clown "LL Cool James" has a stupid DJ name this other kid "Cutloose" (who cooks and DJs) should open a restaurant so I can get more work and "Butcher" being a crew called the "Crate Creeps" should change his name to the MP3 Masters or some shit cuz I been to his crib and there ain't no crates there.

2. He said (verbatim) ???dude.. u know i???ll beat you on the decks.. ur an idiot..???

3. I looked at my schedule, realised I was supporting MF Doom, so I said fine. You bring whatever you need it takes to do it. I'll give you $1000 if you show up and rights to my label.

4. My phone blows up with threats, etc. from this marshmallow

5. Then he does a now show?

This: http://turntabletag.com/turntabletag-3-dj-sheep/

btw. thanks for the props Strut... ya'll are fam to me.

I made those routines up in 2002/2003 and only practiced them again for the first time 10 days before this one sided "battle".

anyhows, appreciate it. I'm not a battle DJ, but I'm getting a lot of work offers off the strength which is nice!

peace.