Jerkin (Dance) related SCIENTIFIK Question

indyindy 58 Posts
edited March 2011 in Strut Central
Hey Soul Strut, hey West Coast !

some time ago i saw a jerkin(yes, purely DANCE related ;)
it looks like it was filmed from a more distant perspective and the jerks get down on the street !
i think it was a hi quali camera that was used, maybe a DSLR !?

i know lame description, but anybody here can help to find that vid ?

also plz post any valid resources on the subject of Jerkin !

thx

Comments

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    Is it this video?

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    That's Jerkin?!?! That looks like poppin' & minor footwork to me.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    snicka_g said:
    Is it this video?

Those dancers are exceptional.

I thought you were asking about this:

• snicka_g said:
    Is it this video?

That's not Jerkin. Jerkin was an LA thing, not O-Town. Just watched 1 second but ^^^ looks like turfin to me.

Is this it?

Jerkin is all but dead unless you're 9. lol. The Rangers are cool tho, it's kinda their thing.

• Breez said:
    That's Jerkin?!?! That looks like poppin' & minor footwork to me.
    the majority of it aint jerkin. this is what jerkin usually looks like:

alot of emphasis on footwork

• I think that I was the only one in my small circle of friends who actually liked the Jerkin dance when it became known nationwide. I think it was because I used to break for a long time and was a fan of toprocking and heavy footwork that Jerkin seemed like something most b-boys would welcome. Well, I was wrong.

• turf feinz and yakfilms are so friggin awesome!!

STOP WORKIN START JERKIN

• The actual Jerk dance is when you go low wiggling your knees in an uneven stance.

• i always was a fan and follower of the more or less known sides of hiphop thats how i got into bayarea in the 90s, i love some of these jerkin tracks cuz their the perfect fusion of 808 & HipHop, very influential to me as all bay-cali stuff

• slotbeggazz said:
    i always was a fan and follower of the more or less known sides of hiphop thats how i got into bayarea in the 90s, i love some of these jerkin tracks cuz their the perfect fusion of 808 & HipHop, very influential to me as all bay-cali stuff

i go so hard on these tracks ^^ must be my techno dj roots

• sorry bout the double post, didnt wanna hijack the thread either know it was about dancin, proceed player...