Good score or dollar bin fodder? prize check one two...?

LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
edited March 2011 in Strut Central

Gino Dentie and the family...

Scored this today while on my lunch break and got a bit confused by the gemm/popsike search. I see some copies of this going for between $200-400 and some going for $10-20....

Anyone know the deal? I got the white vinyl version, and the shit is in good condition.... Was this reissued or is there a certain pressing that is raer?

Cheers in advance.....

PS- Disco aint really my thing so if anyone has been after this for a while (assuming it is raer) Im down for a trade....

Comments

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    :zooted:

oh wait- what record?

sorry, there was a really great picture before your text.

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    thats not an ass.. those are just extended legs with a tiny bump on em... maybe its a dude.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I don't see it on Popsike or CF.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    pretty sure thats dollar bin fodder

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    pretty sure thats dollar bin fodder

A dealer at my spot had a white vinyl copy filed for years at 8.95. When he started making room for new stock he marked it down to 2.00 vg++ with shrink. It sat for a good four months at 2.00 before anybody bought it. That was some time ago though.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    This record turns up pretty often in Sydney. I like it, but yeah its average price is 5-10 bucks. I like the cover of Movin' but it doesn't touch the original.

• Jamal said:
    thats not an ass.. those are just extended legs with a tiny bump on em... maybe its a dude.

LOL, true words spoken ;)

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I had a supsicion it was dollar bin material... which is what I paid for it anyways. It wasnt Popsike that I got the weird price range from, my bad, it was Gemm.

Someone needs to tell this dude that is a AUS$5 record.

http://www.gemm.com/item/GINO--DENTIE--AND--THE--FAMILY/DIRECT-p-DISCO/GML203307613/

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    that's still a pretty dope dollarbin score! just for the cover alone...and the disco covers inside the grooves are pretty good.

• TERRYCLOTH CHEESECAKE

• I've dropped this version of "Movin'" before and it was pretty well received.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts
    I have the white vinyl too - I like the versions of Movin and Express on this. 5-10 bucks seems about right.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I started a thread a while ago about the difference between pricing at gemm and discogs.

I pointed out that at gemm it appeared to be a competition to see who could come up with the highest price. Discogs seems to be a battle for lowest.
    This lp is a case in point:
    http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&disp_ad_format_mode=0&artist=GINO+DENTIE+AND+THE+FAMILY&price;_above=.001&&title;=DIRECT+DISCO&price;_above=.001&&mi;=RElSRUNURElTQ09MUEdJTk9ERU5USUVBTkRUSEVGQU0=

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?master_id=83323&ev=mb

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    For the OP; when trying to determine the value of a find on the interwebs a number of factors have to be weighed.

Asking prices are near meaningless at gemm. If you use a gemm price, check out the sellers store. Do the prices on things you know seem resonable?

Check finished prices on ebay or at collectors frenzy. Add a grain of salt. Some sellers get way more than others. If there are 4 copies sitting at gemm for over $200 but none has sold on ebay in the last few years for over $25 you know something is wrong.

Popsike is nearly useless because they pick and choose which auctions they want to include with tends to skew values.