Dick Annegard - Who knows the deal?

disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
edited March 2011 in Strut Central
Watched "The Science Of Sleep" yesterday and can't get the first song from the end titles out of my head. "Dick Annegard - Countances" pure beauty, killer orchestration, rainy days stuff. I'm hooked.

As far as I know dude is from the Netherlands. Any Euro-dudes can say if Dick has more stuff like Countances. How are his albums? Easy to pick up over in NL or Belgium? There's not too much info about him so I guess he's some kind of off-broadway chansonnier.

(For some reason I can't embed divshare player so here is the son if you're interested: http://www.divshare.com/download/14347082-bf3)

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I posted about him on 'Record Day' a couple of years back. It doesn't seem to turn up on a search doe.

Here are the some sound clips.. don't now if they'll still work as divshare has got a little odd lately. Both albums are well worth tracking down though imo.

This is Le Grand Diner from his first solo album Sacr?? G??ranium.

& this is ff boom from his album with Daniel Shnell (from COS) 'egmont and the ff boom'

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Dick Annegarn,

Is a pretty prolific songwriter. With about 18 albums to his name. I've gone through his discography and haven't really found anything with the poignant melancholy of Coutances. Just one of those rare moments of absolute brilliance.

I think if you go into his albums looking for more like that. You won't find anything. However if you have an open mind he does have some interesting stuff in his catalog.

Sacre Geranium is a good starting point.

Egmont and the FF Boom gets really space rock. You might recongize Granvelle from the Andy Votel Cross Continental Record Raid Road Trip comp.

- spidey

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    *password: fucksarko

This album is wonderful. If you're into this.. You should maybe check out Gilberto Gil's Refazenda. Or maybe even some Colin Blunstone.

Also, Co-sign on Le Grand Diner. Great song.

cheers,

- diego

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    This is more than I expected. Thanks for the insight. The strut doesn't disappoint.