Bracketology 2011

countmaculacountmacula 196 Posts
edited March 2011 in Strut Central
Anybody filled out their brackets? I went chalk. I got Kansas vs. Ohio St and KS wins it all. My biased for hating Duke keeps them out. Uconn is the real deal not to be slept on!

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I also have Ohio St. and Kansas with OSU winning it all.

Sleeper team to make the Elite 8 - St. Johns

Best player you never heard of - Julian Boyd on Long Island

Best player that will be in the NBA next year - Kemba Walker

Best Player that won't be in the NBA next year - Jared Sullinger

Highest ranked team to make earliest exit - San Diego State

Obligatory #12 to beat a #5 Seed - Memphis over Texas A&M

• Agreed. Kimba Walker is the truth. That back court with Nesbitt and Lamb is hard to beat. Louisville could go all the way. My Heels need another year to get it together. I just like the tournament. I took off Thursday and Friday just to watch it.

• I've got Kansas over tOSU.

I have Kansas over K-State in national Semi.

I have Missouri beating UConn in round 2.

Washington over UNC in round 2.

Biggest upset I have in the real Round 1 is Clemson over WVU.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Obligatory #12 to beat a #5 Seed - Memphis over Texas A&M

Hate to break it to you, but Memphis is playing Arizona to then potentially play Texas who is a #4 seed.

b/w

For some reason, I got Louisville going all the way to the Final in 2 of my 3 brackets. I don't even know here that came from, but we'll soon see.

• Options
    HarveyCanal said:
    For some reason, I got Louisville going all the way to the Final in 2 of my 3 brackets. I don't even know here that came from, but we'll soon see.

I really don't want to see Rick "15 Seconds" Pitino's face that much so I hope you're wrong.

My Elite Eight:

Ohio State
    Syracuse
    Duke
    San Diego State
    Kansas
    Texas A&M
    Wisconsin
    Florida

For whatever reasons I've seen less college hoops than I have in a long, long time so I have very little confidence in my own picks.

• BYU.. Fredette is the best whitey in the NCAA since Wally World

[Hate to break it to you, but Memphis is playing Arizona to then potentially play Texas who is a #4 seed.

Yeah.....had my head up my ass when I posted that...

I have Memphis over Az.

b/w

Melvin Johnson III

• This is the first year in a while where I didn't give it a ton of thought, and I couldn't bring myself to pick against my alma mater. despite my better judgment I've got Pitt over OSU

BobDesperado said:
    HarveyCanal said:

I really don't want to see Rick "15 Seconds" Pitino's face that much so I hope you're wrong.

Pittino gets what he deserves......Morehead State has the potential for one of the greatest cheers ever!!!

• Louisville takes a L. My brackets already a grease fire. Oh well.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    BobDesperado said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Pittino gets what he deserves......Morehead State has the potential for one of the greatest cheers ever!!!

I think they are using Luther Campbell's "Head, Head and Morehead!"

St. Johns.....who beat no less than 5 Top Ten teams this season is one and done losing to Gonzaga.

OOOOF

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    St. Johns.....who beat no less than 5 Top Ten teams this season is one and done losing to Gonzaga.

OOOOF

Bracketology 101: Do NOT pick against Gonzaga in the first round.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Rockadelic said:

OOOOF

Bracketology 101: Do NOT pick against Gonzaga in the first round.

yes indeed

• kemskems 120 Posts
    I know alot of people got hurt with that Louisville game.

Also, Kentucky had me sweating during that whole game against Princeton.

How many people are believing in Florida? I seem to hear more and more people everyday thinking they have Final Four potential.

• i made my bracket in 7 minutes after somewhere between 7 and 31 pints. this was to combat the gorribe results of my over-scrutinized picks of te previous many years. turns out a drunken me has texa$ taking the tourney

[im harveycanal when hammered drunk?]