Four Brothers

coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
So I talked shit a few weeks ago, but I thought this movie was actually pretty entertaining. Lots of gratuitous violence, but it definitely didn't realize its "bad" potential. I thought Marky Mark gave a strong performance.

Anyone else have any opinions?

Comments

• Was Andre Benjamin's performance sufficiently creative to justify his absence from the rap game?

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    Was Andre Benjamin's performance sufficiently creative to justify his absence from the rap game?

No, but he was a thousand times better than the clown he played in Be Cool.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I thought Marky Mark gave a strong performance.

Anyone else have any opinions?

wait was it Marky Mark or Donnie from New Kids?

I think I like it better knowing the tough guy from NKOTB is helping Tyrese avenge their mother

• Options
    DO you all remember about me asking for a jukebox for a John SIngleton movie for my propman friend? This is what is was for - this was filmed here.

K.

P.S. Motown (and a couple Studio 1 sneak-ins) 45 sleeves provided by moi.

...And another thing, I don't think I really feel Andre as someone's potential love interest. I mean, he's a sexy dude and all, but watching him kiss Taraji Henson made my stomach hurt a little.

Donnie from New Kids

Mark Wahlberg is the rapper turned underwear model turned serious actor.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Well, seeing as how Coselmed is a woman and you're posting topless pictures of men, I'd say we need to re-think just exactly who's in this case.

I'ts my same reply in a previous post about this movie.

Well, seeing as how Coselmed is a woman and you're posting topless pictures of men, I'd say we need to re-think just exactly who's in this case.

I'm going to say this right now: You know I often keep it NRR, and I'm all about transexuals, but don't turn this into one those threads.

Youre right.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Donnie from New Kids

you're right, although ol' Donie is trying to make serious dramatic moves. I had to handle him for a day back in my intern time. I told him "Thank you" for making me believe that Jewish boys can be popstar heart throbs. He was a shining example of what my people can be when we hang tough.

BTW I never spit in his coffee

Donnie from New Kids

you're right, although ol' Donie is trying to make serious dramatic moves. I had to handle him for a day back in my intern time. I told him "Thank you" for making me believe that Jewish boys can be popstar heart throbs. He was a shining example of what my people can be when we hang tough.

Are they (Mark and Donnie) Jewish? I didn't know they were...

Donnie and our own ODub share the same birthday, by the way.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Donnie from New Kids

I thought they were supposed to be some working class Irish boys from Boston, although now that it has been pointed out, I guess "Wahlberg" is not a very Irish name.

Donnie from New Kids

I thought they were supposed to be some working class Irish boys from Boston, although now that it has been pointed out, I guess "Wahlberg" is not a very Irish name.

Yeah, I guess so...I was also thrown off by the fact that they come from a family of nine kids.

Very unPC of us, D****l.

This just in...I read that they were Irish Catholic.

Guzzo, you have some 'splainin to do!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    He wrote a book and dedicated it to his dink.

Dude can act, but he's had allegations of being racist for years and years that he never seems to shake off.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

I'm going to say this right now: You know I often keep it NRR, and I'm all about transexuals, but don't turn this into one those threads.

Needless to say, I was joking

Honestly, I have nothing but love for all people, unless they're assholes.

What's this about though?

Dude can act, but he's had allegations of being racist for years and years that he never seems to shake off.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

what?!?! ar you calling my 3rd grade Hebrew teacher a liar? I remember it being a big deal that Donnie was a heeb back in grade school, and with a last name like Wahlberg I just always figured he had to be meshpacha. He didn't correct me when I asked him about it though?

The Wahlberg plot thickens...

Needless to say, I was joking

Honestly, I have nothing but love for all people, unless they're assholes.

That wasn't directed to you; Batmon acknowledged my point already.

Got anything to add about Donnie and Mark Wahlberg being Jewish, though?

• Very unPC of us, D****l.

Oy, I once thought that faux_rillz was Jewish.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Got anything to add about Donnie and Mark Wahlberg being Jewish racist, though?

This is news to me, seeing as how I've religiously kept up with the lives of the New Kids on the Block for the last 20 years .

• Got anything to add about Donnie and Mark Wahlberg being Jewish racist, though?

This is news to me, seeing as how I've religiously kept up with the lives of the New Kids on the Block for the last 20 years .

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

When he was younger he did crimes, mostly against minorites. There's always been rumours (I know, rumours) of racist remarks here and there throughout the years. I guess the main one being that he said some racist shit to some Black kids. He was arrested for one thing or another a few years ago and was made to appear in "anti-bias" ads as a result.

Oh and from a recent interview:

Q: If something happened to your mom, would you and Donnie go busting heads?

Wahlberg: You know what, that???s something I don???t even want to have to think about. I???m raised Catholic and you???re supposed to be able to forgive, but in a situation like that, if something happened to somebody I care about ??? even somebody who couldn???t defend themselves ??? I don???t think I could be too rational. I???d think about what the right thing to do was after I was already in jail.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Dude, like I'm the only one on here who still has this poster over their bed?

• I can't lie, Marky Mark is a good actor.

Maybe he thought he had to wear a 'hood' to give the impression of being from the hood. Which would explain the racism thing. These things can be confusing.

what?!?! ar you calling my 3rd grade Hebrew teacher a liar? I remember it being a big deal that Donnie was a heeb back in grade school, and with a last name like Wahlberg I just always figured he had to be meshpacha. He didn't correct me when I asked him about it though?

The Wahlberg plot thickens...

Dude, don't you think Adam Sandler would have worked them into the Hanukkah Song if they were really Jewish? I mean, Jennifer Beals even gets a shout out (although I'm not totally sure if she's Jewish, or has just played one on television)!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Donny in a Band of Brothers was really really good. Great acting in those 10 eps.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Got dragged to see this tonight by the girlfriend. Found it predictable but entertaining. Wouldn't recommend it, but wouldn't tell someone not to go see it.