Quitting Alcohol

2»

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    When things collapsed I was getting ready to say, nice post beatstew. Thanks.

I think I recently mentioned in another thread I quit drinking about 15 almost 20 years ago.
    I didn't have a problem and it was easy.
    My buddy makes real egg nog for new years, and I have half a cup, and thats it.

Only other time I want a drink is hot summer afternoons eating bbq. A cold beer would be nice, but no big deal.

When I tell people I don't drink, some clearly assume I am an alcoholic and start watching me sideways. But many, not often.

?On the alcoholic tip. I have a relative that has had mainly alcohol and also drug problems all his life. In his late 50s now. Apparently living on the streets of Key West now. We did a google search for him, because he has been out of touch for over a week. Found 2 mug shots of him on line. Very scary. I'm not going to post him up. But any older white male at this site will give you an idea.

http://keywestmugshots.com/?s=kenny&type=files&categories;[site-templates]=1&categories;[wordpress]=1&categories;[psd-templates]=1&categories;[joomla]=1&categories;[email-templates]=1&categories;[misc]=1

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    I definitely like to drink beer and whiskey but occasionally I find i go three - four months without having a drink. I can remember the last time I got really shitfaced and it was a long time ago. I have a few friends who can't drink without getting wasted, sucks to hang out with them, which is probably why i dont drink too often.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    I did take almost a year off beer and lived like jesus, only eating fish, pasta and chicken.. but now I'm back on the horse!

Giddy up mufucka! Whpshhhh!!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I drink something most days, but I'll incorporate breaks of a couple of weeks and rarely several months in to the mix. My problem is always sleeping the first few days???I feel like part of my relationship with booze is its ability to keep my mind from focusing on problem solving and upcoming projects when I should be relaxing or sleeping. Anyone got any tips/tricks on that tip? I usually hit the Valerian and maybe some Chamomile, but it's only moderately effective and doesn't always do the trick.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    i quit drinking 1.5 years ago.

my life has never been better.

honest.