Life imitating art imitating life imitating art. (The Wire-related)

Comments

• I can't see the article but I'm assuming this is the Snoop bust right?

She keeps it really real.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    It is. Though she "kept it real" (ugh) before the show even existed!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Wonder if she asked, "How my hair look, Mike?" before that perp walk. Imagine the comments on the People article got a little racial, as they were suspended by the site.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Sad.

There were so many great actors in that show.
    I wish they were all starring in movies, theater, tv somewhere.
    But the acting world has a limited number of slots for Black actors.
    She was an untrained actor, who was so riveting in Wire, but had very limited chances in ever landing another role.

• They should have made a show where Snoop was the hard edge substitute teacher from the streets and Bob Euecker was the straight edge, by the books principal.

That would have been great.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    snoop = dope on the table....

if we learned anything from watching the wire, they are just making a show of it. (I hope anyways)

• minneapminneap 541 Posts

I'd never really thought about it this way:

"Both our Constitution and our common law guarantee that we will be judged by our peers. But in truth, there are now two Americas, politically and economically distinct. I, for one, do not qualify as a peer to Felicia Pearson. The opportunities and experiences of her life do not correspond in any way with my own, and her America is different from my own. I am therefore ill-equipped to be her judge in this matter."

I'm sure Saba and other law-minded Stutteurs will shit on this statement, but I'd never fully thought through the "jury of peers" segment.

Sad it had to go down like that.

• Options
    Whatever happened to Heshimu?