He Will Only Break Your Heart b/w Why did we elect this man?

1235»

Comments

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    mannybolone said:

From what I can tell the Gov. of Wisconsin ran on this issue and won.....he's now trying to give the people what they voted for and the opposition are just not doing their job...which is to show up and vote.

That's what many people think. The truth is, however, that Gov. Walker did not run on ending collective bargaining rights for public employees. He did run, on making them pay more money into the pension/health care system. Not the same thing.

Don't believe the hype/revision.

As to the original poster's laundry list of things he wished Obama would have done: Many of those things have been accomplished, or are in the process of being accomplished. It seems the OP may have forgotten the unprecedented roadblocks that the GOP placed in front of the Prez from Jump Street. Also, let's not forget that the Prez does have nearly two more years in his first term, and that Obama is "President", not "King".

• Options
    vintageinfants said:
    THIS THREAD SHOULD HAVE BEEN CLOSED AND STICKIED AFTER POST ONE.

reading this political discourse is like rubbing your sleeve on a dirty window to reveal a brown horizonless landscape with tumbleweeds and one-way signs pointing in opposite directions.

I think it's been an entertaining thread. Including your description, which reminds me of some of my favorite records.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Don't believe the hype/revision.

The weird switch from plural to singular tense is ruining my ability to enjoy this.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

reading this political discourse is like rubbing your sleeve on a dirty window to reveal a brown horizonless landscape with tumbleweeds and one-way signs pointing in opposite directions.

Then why are you reading it?

• mannybolone said:
    vintageinfants said:

Then why are you reading it?

i've been observing struttiquete long enough to know not to respond to this.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

Heavy, man, real heavy.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    Let's also remember this: all the progressive social change in US history came about from social movements that more or less forced the presidents in office to capitulate to their demands. JFK didn't go after segregation, LBJ didn't end housing discrimination and Nixon didn't pull troops out of Vietnam because they thought these were the moral things to do.