"Euroman Hip-Hop Posing from the 80s and Early 90s"

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    5 pager!!!!!

Sabine Furrer Bill aka RosyOne is the person behind the Dopepose-project and www.dopepose.com. She fell in love with hiphop at the age of 12, back in 1989, and became famous for djing and organizing hip hop jams; but most of all for her graffiti, which has been featured in graffiti magazines, books and exhibitions all over the world. She collects everything from the golden era of hip hop, including dopepose photos. The Dopepose Posse was formed in 2006. They motivate people to dig out their photos and file them. The project has made an impact and has been featured in many magazines.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    http://www.dopeposeDOTcom/index1.html

HOW TO DO A DOPE POSING PHOTO:

1. first of all you simply have to look good!

2. There are different types of posing: (you can choose one of these examples)

- "Bad Boy": the face makes the look. push your bottom lip forward. bend your brows. (Tim Dog)

- "Gangster" : cars, money, nacked women and guns are very important. (NWA)

- "Vaughn Bode" : bend your body backwards, it makes you look more gum. (Cheech Wizzard)

- "Outta Space" : send laser blasts with your hands. (Flash Gordon)

- "Think about it" : direct your forfinger meditative to your head. (Def Jeff)

- "Bodybuilder" : forget it, if you dont train your body at least once a week. (LL.Cool J)

- "Holy" : in view of the sky below, fold your hands in front of your chest. (Afrika Bambaataa)

- "Adidas" : Pose your feet in the right position (make the three stripes seenable.) (Run DMC)

- "Pointer" : Your finger points at something. (good for graffiti writers to point on their piece)

- "Freeezer" : You stop to dance and freeze to please... (Crazy Legs)

3. Send your picture to: cheechwizzard@dopepose.com

4. Thank you very much for your participation. Now you are a official Dopeposer!!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    batmon said:
    5 pager!!!!!

Sabine Furrer Bill aka RosyOne is the person behind the Dopepose-project and www.dopepose.com. She fell in love with hiphop at the age of 12, back in 1989, and became famous for djing and organizing hip hop jams; but most of all for her graffiti, which has been featured in graffiti magazines, books and exhibitions all over the world. She collects everything from the golden era of hip hop, including dopepose photos. The Dopepose Posse was formed in 2006. They motivate people to dig out their photos and file them. The project has made an impact and has been featured in many magazines.

The use of "posse" is probably even more egregious.

Also: "hip hop jams"

- "Gangster" : cars, money, nacked women and guns are very important. (NWA)

Reminds me of that Masta Ase skit where he's the taecher of Hardcore Rap 101.

"Its important that u own a gun."

"Excuse me but i dont have a gun."

"It doesnt matter if you have a gun or not, just act like u got a gun!"

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

from their 'Best of 07' section.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Love this one though.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    faux_rillz said:

THAT'S bad? I say "jams" all the time. Hip Hop jams, funk jams, latin jams...

Also, that list up there actually makes me, an American who has struck many of those poses in my youth, feel a little ridiculous seeing it all boxed up and broken down that way.

Eff it though, I ain't above striking a B-Boy stance from time to time.

Herm said:
    faux_rillz said:

THAT'S bad? I say "jams" all the time. Hip Hop jams, funk jams, latin jams...

BAN

I think she was organizing "Jams" like Jams in the park. Not jam as in song.

nagl

I got this for the rest of you dudes (and your grandmothers):

http://www.amazon.com/Understand-Rap-Explanations-Confusing-Grandma/dp/0810989212/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1299436226&sr=1-1

Jeezus, there are a lot of awful rap books out there.

Christmas came early in the BX this year, cause I just copped this important post-rap text for Batmon:

http://www.amazon.com/Outkast-Analyzing-Pop-Concept-Album/dp/3639203453/ref=sr_1_13?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1299381528&sr=1-13

This book explores the character-driven compositional choices that make The Love Below a pop concept album in the tradition of The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Each and every track on The Love Below is comprehensively examined with theoretical analyses and musical transcriptions, while the thematic characters and narratives are examined to illustrate the cohesive concept of the album. Outkast's career growth is examined in comparison with that of The Beatles, revealing fascinating parallels between these innovators of Hip-Hop and Rock.

faux_rillz said:

M*rs is in that book. He let me borrow the Lil B book and he said "You can take this one too." I was like naaaaaah.

batmon said:

So "jam" as in song = "DOPE?"

Also, I'm curious, Faux...do you never use, ahem, "Hip Hop slang" or do you just stay with the times and change up when one becomes stale?

Herm said:
    batmon said:

My ears dont burn when i hear/read jam.

SAY NO TO DOPE

batmon said:
    Herm said:
    batmon said:

My ears dont burn when i hear/read jam.

That's dope.

Herm said:
    batmon said:

Also, I'm curious, Faux...do you never use, ahem, "Hip Hop slang" or do you just stay with the times and change up when one becomes stale?

These days, rarely.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Psshhht, whatever. At every visit to the Fauxly Arms, I am greeted with a hearty "what it do fam?"

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Psshhht, whatever. At every visit to the Fauxly Arms the crack spot, I am greeted with a hearty "what it do fam?"

• Options
    How about:

Skinny jeans, smoking a clover, wearing a fedora...

"the real hip-hop is over Here!"

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    is that what is to be seen at rap conventions these days?

• Options
    Well, I guess not.

How about Buddy Holly glasses, skate shoes or Nike SB's, and carpenter pants with paint all over them from their murals. Maybe a Kangol to top it off.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Euroman Hip-Hop Posing doesn't get better than this.

• "Vaughn Bode" : bend your body backwards, it makes you look more gum. (Cheech Wizzard)

I iz having such a hard time translating dat into da real life...photo of da 'more gum' pose?

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Until this poast I had all but forgotten about this funky euro rap classic:

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    Okem said:
    Love this one though.

Don't remember sending my picture in.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    disco_che said:
    Euroman Hip-Hop Posing doesn't get better than this.

This had me laughing on the floor for the last 20 minutes...

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    soulone said:
    Well, I guess not.

How about Buddy Holly glasses, skate shoes or Nike SB's, and carpenter pants with paint all over them from their murals. Maybe a Kangol to top it off.

wtf haha