Cube or Snoop? (Live-R)

vinylstalkervinylstalker 397 Posts
edited March 2011 in Strut Central
Whatup folks, been a while.

So, my smallish college town sucks for shows, and to my suprise and amusement
I see that the local 800 capacity club has Ice Cube next weekend and Snoop Dogg
the week after that.

Now, I'm always bitching to my girl about the paucity of live acts around here, so
she's calling my bluff, says "you have tons of records by these guys, surely you wanna go?"
To wich I cringe and say yeah, but, that was like 15 years ago, and they must suck now,
playing this shitty FratBoy club, blah blah blah.

She ain't havin it, wants to go to one of 'em, have a good time regardless.

So, anyone seen them lately?
I was always more of a Cube fan, but am really just looking for a good time whoever it is.
I think maybe Cube has a better chance of comin out with a DJ and doing a
st8 rapp show, while I fear a shitty band and vocorder with Snoop.

What does SS say?

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,101 Posts
    i've never seen either live. as corny as he can be these days, snoop is currently stilll dope. check the "we da west" mistape from last year. check the Red joint he and Cam did. (miss the joint he just did where he's fast rapping with Kells over a Lex Luger beat.) whereas i haven't heard anything i really liked by cube in ages.

then again, cube's vintage material is better than snoops.

• Ice Cube came here and I skipped it, same reason.

Does he perform "Dope Man"?

• I was thinking about going to see Cube in NY sometime next week I think. I saw him in 91 and haven't seem him since.

Have anybody seen Cube recently?

Dress

• I used to work for a couple of major outdoor venues and saw every act that came through town including both Snoop and Cube. I'd see both but if you had to choose one, I'd give Snoop the nod. His stage presence was awesome.

It was the summer Snoop toured with Bonecrusher and I got a good laugh seein' these hard core I ain't never scared dudes pullin' screw faces down the front then when Snoop came out their jaws just drop all slack and their eyes get like saucers.

BOTH FTW - if your paper's in order you should go. what else you got those nights, desperate housewives on the tivo?

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I saw Cube and Snoop together in Tahoe last year. Cube opened up for Snoop and then they both did a bunch of songs together. To my suprise Cube had waaay more stage presence/energy than Snoop. It's not that Snoop was lame (maybe just really stoned), but Cube was better at hyping the crowd. I didn't expect Cube to be running/jumping around as much as he did. It was a decent show.
    That's the only time I've seen them live, but based on that experience-

Cube live > Snoop live

• Ok, cool thanks for the info.

My paper is reasonably in order, it's more the putting up with
    the becky / frat boy sea of awful that I only want to do once.

So who has a better chance of having a shitty band?
    I really really hate the mc / shitty band combo.

DJ Pooh?

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    can't testify for cube, but i'd love to see him, despite seeing his commercials for "Are We There Yet" on TBS every commercial break.

i saw snoop headline at rock the bells this past summer and it was a big production. lighting, video segues, dude dressed in a plush doggy costume, etc. he put on a great show, but as expected, not a lot of energy. he runs through all the hits to keep you entertained and rapping along.

go to both if you like both.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    I saw Snoop in 2002. He was awesome and had a good DJ (dj scratch?). I've never seen O'Shea Jackson perform.

b/w

I love to see a Death Row reunion tour happen....

• So it seems like seeing Ice Cube is the rarer find. Hmmmm.