Fellow Strutters that started Sh!t and got banned?

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    lol @ comparing being banned from a BBS to being burned at the stake.

• Options
    SoulOnIce said:
    lol @ comparing being banned from a BBS to being burned at the stake.

Yeah, it was supposed to be funny, so I'm glad you got it. Maybe you're getting over that time you spent with the Scientologists.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    jeez I hope THAT wasn't supposed to be funny

• Options
    SoulOnIce said:
    jeez I hope THAT wasn't supposed to be funny

And yet you gave it an "lol."

It's funny to me that you even responded to it. Twice. Whole lotta funny going on.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    bobd is bad at the internet

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    damms said:
    disco_che said:

Another guy whose name I don't remember got banned when cadeaux asked for songs to play at the funeral of a good friend that died from cancer when he proposed "As serious as cancer". If you risk being a complete dick for a jokes sake it should at least be a good joke.
    now that's overreacting

You think? Cadeaux was telling about a very close friend passing away after fighting against cancer. Everybody phrased their condolence and made some serious suggestions. Then dude tried to be funny. Some people told him he's an idiot, then he got banned, nobody was protesting. All happenend within half an hour. Quickest ban I ever witnessed.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Not to forget Lamprey Eel and his ultraconservative, quasi-religious Beach Boys preaching (though it was another story that had him banned).

• karlophone said:
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:
    CherChezLaPLAN said:
    Was Supertoaster banned?

Was he even real?

was real.

I think he got banned, let back on then decided to leave. One too many hella burns and internet fries I think.

haha when he wrote something like "i got fried on the internet" it was a glorious poast

Haha. I tried to find that, but I think all of his poasts have been deleted.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    disco_che said:
    damms said:
    disco_che said:

Another guy whose name I don't remember got banned when cadeaux asked for songs to play at the funeral of a good friend that died from cancer when he proposed "As serious as cancer". If you risk being a complete dick for a jokes sake it should at least be a good joke.
    now that's overreacting

You think? Cadeaux was telling about a very close friend passing away after fighting against cancer. Everybody phrased their condolence and made some serious suggestions. Then dude tried to be funny. Some people told him he's an idiot, then he got banned, nobody was protesting. All happenend within half an hour. Quickest ban I ever witnessed.
    I don't think someone should be banned every time they say something distasteful or insensitive
    unless the guy was a recidivist/relentless troll

• Options
    Brian said:
    bobd is bad at the internet

You have the most interesting username ever.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    MoeLarryAndJesus said:
    The prevailing ethos on Soulstrut seems to involve giving each other handjobs in public,

The incidence of e-handjobbery on this board has reached a crescendo of late.

Passive-aggressive (and just plain aggressive) alpha male vinyl hunters post here seemingly solely for the purposes of receiving accolade.

We are awash in the jism of dudes who revel in parading techniques for acquisition akin to Crocodile Dundee's method of fishing, and dudes who strive to evoke some old Pa Ingles moralistic parable to demonstrate how earthy and wholesome and just damn great they are. But worst of all is the spectacle of a million miniscule dudes who hang on every hokey word and pant in a climax of gratitude afterwards.

That cheese looks awful [del]plastic[/del] American

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    skel said:

Passive-aggressive (and just plain aggressive) alpha male vinyl hunters post here seemingly solely for the purposes of receiving accolade.

We are awash in the jism of dudes who revel in parading techniques for acquisition akin to Crocodile Dundee's method of fishing, and dudes who strive to evoke some old Pa Ingles moralistic parable to demonstrate how earthy and wholesome and just damn great they are. But worst of all is the spectacle of a million miniscule dudes who hang on every hokey word and pant in a climax of gratitude afterwards.

Yeah, we should talk more about footie, the BBC and how we hate our jobs on here.
    GTFOH
    I for one was telling stories I thought people would enjoy. Rock tells stories cuz WE on the board like to hear the digging stories he tells. What is it that you think this message board should talk about? Unfunny British comedies about terrorists?
    Again, GTFOH if you can't appreciate a good digging story, seriously.

• That cheese looks awful [del]plastic[/del] American

wait...you're from the uk, right?

• skel said:
    MoeLarryAndJesus said:
    The prevailing ethos on Soulstrut seems to involve giving each other handjobs in public,

The incidence of e-handjobbery on this board has reached a crescendo of late.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    skel's right, digging stories are a yawnfest, sorry

"I once caught a trout THIS BIG..."

• Soulhawk said:

if you took the time to read the thread, you'd realize that very few stories are about the actual records, but the circumstances surrounding them.

That cheese looks awful [del]plastic[/del] American

wait...you're from the uk, right?

America is great at a lot of things, but truly it's a country that fucks up chocloate and cheese.
    Boycott Kraft! Boycott Cadbury's!

• vintageinfants said:
    Soulhawk said:

if you took the time to read the thread, you'd realize that very few stories are about the actual records, but the circumstances surrounding them.

I don't see how anybody reading Rock's Jr and the Soulettes story (or any of his stories, really) could describe it as a 'yawnfest'.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Digging stories are great. Weekend finds are the yawnfest. I understand if you're tryin to sell them though.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    However, The word "digging" is Pretty yawn enducing

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I was originally invited to join SS for the sole purpose of posting a "digging story", which seemed appropriate for a place called "Crate Digging Revealed".

I've been here many years without having posted those recent stories but I was motivated by having recently read and enjoyed some stories posted by a couple of Brits at another site and Frank's beyond amazing tales.

I certainly understand that not everyone enjoys reading them but based on the 22,000+ views in a very short time I have to believe that's the exception and not the rule.

As a matter of fact the only regular thread with that many views is the same 10-15 wankers talking about Field Hockey or somesuch.

Possum Tom said:
    However, The word "digging" is Pretty yawn enducing

The only thing I remember anyone calling it before "digging" was simply record "buying"......we used to go on "record buying trips".....all things considered "digging" isn't that bad.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    vintageinfants said:
    Soulhawk said:

I don't see how anybody reading Rock's Jr and the Soulettes story (or any of his stories, really) could describe it as a 'yawnfest'.

yeah, sure it's an interesting story

Rocks fishing stories are better than most

that thread had to be about the 5th time it was posted though

[that thread had to be about the 5th time it was posted though

Exactly why I didn't post it.

• Horseleech said:
    vintageinfants said:
    Soulhawk said:

Most consistently entertaining thread in ages, especially Rock's stories.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    I was originally invited to join SS for the sole purpose of posting a "digging story", which seemed appropriate for a place called "Crate Digging Revealed".

I've been here many years without having posted those recent stories but I was motivated by having recently read and enjoyed some stories posted by a couple of Brits at another site and Frank's beyond amazing tales.

I certainly understand that not everyone enjoys reading them but based on the 22,000+ views in a very short time I have to believe that's the exception and not the rule.

As a matter of fact the only regular thread with that many views is the same 10-15 wankers talking about Field Hockey or somesuch.

I'd guess that the digging thread was read by a lot of lurkers who seldom or never bother to post and who won't even open threads about postage problems or pina colada enemas.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I wanna go fishing. Just chilling out, catching some fish. Kinda feeling that.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    i believe i was the recipient of the lamest (and shortest) ban ever.

right after MJ passed, there was a very long thread about his death. about 10 pages in or so,i suggested in a single post that it was strange that nobody was mentioning whether his legacy might be tainted by the pedophilia allegations.

i don't even remember who banned me, but it lasted about an hour or so.