Do you Trust People Around Your Record Collection?

2»

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I'm as finicky as hell when it comes to my records. Only my wife handles my vinyls out of my sight, period.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Options
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

I'm as finicky as hell when it comes to my records. Only my wife handles my vinyls out of my sight, period.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

At a recent family wedding three of my younger siblings started talking about how they used to play my records when I wasn't home. When I was in high school.

Just how pissed should I be about this now? It's 31-34 years later.

• I don't make it a practice to let other people around my records. I have even had a few collectors at the house and they treated my records like they were digging through a stack of Guy Lombardos. I would hate to see what their collection looks like. I play them for people all the time but not letting anyone else handle them just saves me the trouble. Cosign on the wife though. My girl can play them whenever she wants.

• BobDesperado said:
    At a recent family wedding three of my younger siblings started talking about how they used to play my records when I wasn't home. When I was in high school.

I'd say that some kind of statute of limitations would apply here.

• Options
    HerringAndVodka said:
    BobDesperado said:

I'd say that some kind of statute of limitations would apply here.

I still have a few of those records, though.

• Hell, Ive let the Fucking Champs sleep in my record room while they were on tour...those guys are serious record/music nerds and they didnt fusk with anything. You just gotta go with your gut reaction to people, if you dont trust them form the get go, then no...if you sense they are pretty honorable, then let the universe handle things...

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    AKallDay said:
    in college i came back after a weekend away and my roomate was sitting on my floor, with at least 10 of my records spread out of their sleeves with her on the floor there. she was smoking and listening to cymande and had a big ash tray of cig butts. she was also wearing my favorite dress at the time and some of my other clothes were out on my bed, including a few bras.

Hey as long as it's not Delay....

• BobDesperado said:

You shouldn't be mad, them being related to you should be punishment enough...haha, sorry, couldn't pass up that softball.

• Options
    Garcia_Vega said:
    BobDesperado said:

You shouldn't be mad, them being related to you should be punishment enough...haha, sorry, couldn't pass up that softball.

No problem. I'm familiar with that reflex.