3G internet providers...

FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
edited February 2011 in Strut Central
Our DSL is all fucked up... the wiring in our building is probably at fault. Some retard Verizon worker was here yesterday. Dude swaggered in with baggy pants, hooded XXL sweater with baseball hat underneath, wearing mirrored prescription sunglasses. He was using a flashlight to read his paperwork while checking the modem. This was at 11:00 am next to a window. When he left, things were more fucked up then before. He left behind the stench of his cheap shit cologne and I had to open all windows for like an hour.

I had better internet service in Guinea.

Today I went and bought a USB connector for the Virgin G3 network.

It said "unlimited internet access for $50 a month. No plan.

Sounded good to me.

Shit is somewhat a bit on the slow side but whatever... at least it works.

Now I just noticed this in the fineprint on my account details on their website:

"Virgin Mobile reserves the right, without notice, to temporarily limit throughput speeds when monthly data usage on the $50 Broadband2Go Plan exceeds 2.5GB. Customers will continue to have access to Broadband2Go service but maximum speeds may be limited to 256 kilobits per second or below for the remainder of the monthly plan cycle. During this time, customers may experience slower page loads, file downloads and degraded streaming media. Throughput speeds will be restored when a new Broadband2Go Plan is purchased."

That's not really what I understand under "unlimited access"...

What the fuck?

I get better and faster deals than this in any West African country, what's this fucking so called first world come to?

Anybody know any G3 provider who offers TRUE unlimited access at a fair price and without a contract that's longer than a year?

T-Mobile's contracts are 2 years and thank god I'm gonna be the fuck out of this place come summer next year. On the other hand, I could just as well do a 2 year contract and disappear after 16 months, what the hell are they gonna do about it?