who gots pmc 06

rookrook 357 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
im trying to buy one of these to use as a preamp/intermediaary for my turntable to laptop. it would also be for scratching/gigs aroun town. is this shit good at all? im well versed in the problems of the 07-whihc i also have. but im just looking for cheap and cheap.

Comments

• rookrook 357 Posts
    and not numark.!

• REMODEREMODE 91 Posts
    I just started using a 06 and havent had any problems.My old mixer was humming real bad so it was horrible for sampling.It is a good little mixer but the faders dont last long if you are gonna be scratching alot.You get what you pay for.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    cop that pioneer 707, last i saw it was selling for $299.

• RANE ttm-56!!!!!!

• i started on an 06, it's not a bad mixer to start on. you got a good cut in time on the x-fader and it feels okay. the EQ's are pretty weak, and you don't have a master/cue headphone switch which I think is pretty necessary for playing out, unless every gig you get has ideal monitoring. and if you are playing places where you have to bring your own gear they probably wont have the best monitoring setup.

i've only been DJaying for 4 years, the mixer worked great for when i was in my "only can afford 1-turntable and i wish i was be q-bert" phase. but once i got the 2nd turntable and started learning to mix and play outside of my bedroom the 06 wasn???t cutting it....eventfully it broke and i got myself a RANE 54i. I love the 54???wish I had a 56 every time I get to DJ with one. but the 54 might be just right for you, they don???t make it anymore so you might be able to find a deal on RANE 54i???s somewhere.

that pioneer deal on the 707 doesn't look bad, i've never used that mixer but for 300 it could be nice, got in a store and try a few mixers out just to see how they feel cause that's what matters most.

EDIT: not that i'm trying to say you're just starting out, i don't know your deal

• rookrook 357 Posts
    its on now. no, im about 5 years deep too, i used to think vestax was the utmost, then i tried a ranefittysix. due to monetary constraints, i just want the 06 (i think) for a little bitch mixer being that i already have a (shitty) pmc 07. someday ill have a bunch of ranes but till then i just wanted to make sure that the 06 wasnt a complete piece.

than

• i started on an 06, it's not a bad mixer to start on. you got a good cut in time on the x-fader and it feels okay. the EQ's are pretty weak, and you don't have a master/cue headphone switch which I think is pretty necessary for playing out, unless every gig you get has ideal monitoring. and if you are playing places where you have to bring your own gear they probably wont have the best monitoring setup.

thats a pretty accurate assessment of the 06 right there.