Brazilian finds

tsotso 39 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Came back from a summer(/winter) in Brazil. Thanks to moogman for showing me Sao Paulo, trades and pointing the way to some record stores. This is what I got:Super Erotica vol 1 & 2 Rock Bamba - compilationSo Sucessos - vol 1Erlon Chaves - banda veneno vol 1. Gal Costa - IndiaGal Costa - sameAndr?? Penazzi - ??rg??o / balan??o / percuss??o (vol 1 & 2)Catano Velosu -samet. 1982 reissueWilson Simonal - SimonalWilson Simonal - Alegria, alegria vols. 1, 2, 3Wilson Simonal - Se dependesse de mimOs Mutantes - MutantesAntonio Carlos & Jocafi - Cada SegundoAntonio Carlos & Jocafi - Mudei de id??iaAntonio Carlos & Jocafi - Ossos do of??cio Tim Maia - Racional volume 1Tim Maia -same??. p1976Tim Maia - Sossego/ A fim de voltar. 12"Uni??o Black - Uni??o BlackGerson King combo - volume 2Emilio Santiago - sameCesar Mariano & Cia -" Sao Paulo-Brasil"Brasil Explosion - Meireles e sua orquestraSivuca - same??. p1974. contains a nice version of Ain't no sunshine.Soundsational Birds 'N Brass - O som super dancanteSecos & Molhados - same??. p1973Os Incriveis - Mingo, Nene, e RinsonhoThe Marvelous - ??. 1973. SOLP-40296. Don't know anything about this one. Mostly cover songs, good stuff but the best track in my opinion is, "Look in your eyes" (Mannix - Tukson). 7":O Grupo -socorro/nao te conheco,naoGerson King Combo. EP. track list; foi um sonho, uma chance, god save the king, Mandamebntos blackRenato - E sus blue capsToni Tornado - Podes crer, amizade/ Tornado"To na tua, o bicho". EP. The cover says it's a soundtrack from a movie.Contains track from Eva, Agildo Ribeiro and Toni Tornado, but the real treat is the bass-heavy organ-funk track Bridge by WE. Toni Tornado - Podes crer, amizade/ Tornadopluss a few of Moogmans secrets.

Comments

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Hi, TSO

Nice finds

I??m glad you could find nice records and enjoy your stay in Brazil.
    How was the trip to Ilha Grande? People say that place is foocking beautiful.
    Did you go to Baby Discos?

Peace

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Uni??o Black - Uni??o Black
    Toni Tornado - Podes crer, amizade/ Tornado
    "To na tua, o bicho". EP. The cover says it's a soundtrack from a movie.Contains track from Eva, Agildo Ribeiro and Toni Tornado, but the real treat is the bass-heavy organ-funk track Bridge by WE.

Tow of my favorite Brazilian artists. I love the Uniao Black LP.

Watch out for Toni Tornado's Black Brasil 45 plus his two LPs. Totally awesome!!! Toni is my hero!

I NEED to go to Brasil!

• I don't know much Brazilian music but big co-sign on Tornado.

He should be a hero to most,

Dress

• tsotso 39 Posts
    Ilha Grande was really nice, I only intended to stay there for a few days and go back to Rio and maybe do some digging, but I ended up staying there for the whole of my last week. Beaches, boat trips, good food, no cars, really a paradise. Did not want to go back to Rio.

Coming back to Norway was at least when it was 13 C and rain in Oslo. I'm coming back to Brazil one day

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    I need a BR3 over here!

Tr*nd

I know what you mean; I feel the same when I go to some brazilian paradise and have to come back to Sao Paulo. It really hurts, since this city is ugly and stressful as hell.

Anyway, if you had a nice time there it??s worthy the "pain" going back home.
    If your ever come again to Brazil, let me know.

Peace

I need a BR3 over here!

Really? I think this is the weakest Toni??s song.
    Anyway, this is his 7" that still can be found for cheap, cos?? people don??t pay too much attention to it. At least, for awhile.

Peace

• tsotso 39 Posts
    Do you know anything about We (from the "To na tua, o bicho" 7") or The Marvelous ?

And, whats a Br3????

Do you know anything about We (from the "To na tua, o bicho" 7") or The Marvelous ?

And, whats a Br3????

Nah, never heard about nor saw them before. Sorry
    If I find any info on them I??ll let you know.
    BR3 is a Toni Tornado??s song with which (?) he won a music festival in 1970, and is the name of his first album.

This one

Hard to find and very expensive. The 7" with BR3 song is (almost) easy to find, though.

Peace

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I'm curious to see how you guys in Brazil come up price wise. One day I'll make a trip down to buy all these $10 records I don't feel like paying $14 shipping for.

also, which one is the first press for emilio santiago? The brown one w/ the side portrait of his face or the one w/ him sitting on a stool.

I'm curious to see how you guys in Brazil come up price wise. One day I'll make a trip down to buy all these $10 records I don't feel like paying $14 shipping for.

also, which one is the first press for emilio santiago? The brown one w/ the side portrait of his face or the one w/ him sitting on a stool.

Hi Aser

Prices depend on more of sellers than condition, sometimes.

Some dudes price their stuff according rarity rather than condition. These are those type of sellers who know little about their game.

Obviously, you??ll find most records cheaper than you??d find them in US or Europe.

But due internet and evilbay some sellers are asking top money for some records, so there won??t be too much difference between what you??d pay here and at evilbay, though.

Re: shipping prices - $14 is due to dollar rate fall. In December 2004 the rate was 1 dollar = 3 reais, now is 1 dollar = 2,40 reais.

Mail office charges 32 reais for a pack up to 500 grams, that??s = US$ 13,33.

The Emilio Santiago with brown cover is the OG.

Peace

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Hey Moogman

Same thing here in Argentina, US$ 14.00 to mail an LP (registered). Usually people don't believe it, but it's as sad as true.

Hey Moogman

Same thing here in Argentina, US$ 14.00 to mail an LP (registered). Usually people don't believe it, but it's as sad as true.
    Yeah, you??re right. What??s strange though is that some US and european sellers charge between $14 to $17 to send a record to Brazil and complain when have to pay $14. Go figure!

Peace

• MassiveMassive 194 Posts
    MOOGMAN!!!

I'm heading to Brazil and Cuba next summer! For a small fee, can you hook a brother up?

Maybe I can bring some records from the states you've been looking for??

Holla!

MOOGMAN!!!

I'm heading to Brazil and Cuba next summer! For a small fee, can you hook a brother up?

Maybe I can bring some records from the states you've been looking for??

Holla!

Hi Massive

Are you coming to Sao Paulo? If so, I can take you to some record stores.
    If your going to Rio de Janeiro, I can give you some stores addresses.
    No fee required, man. We can sort some trade, although TSO dude took almost all my doubles.

Let me know when and to where your coming.

Peace

• Came back from a summer(/winter) in Brazil. Thanks to moogman for showing me Sao Paulo, trades and pointing the way to some record stores. This is what I got:

Uni??o Black - Uni??o Black

Possibly the funkiest record on earth.