Can Ceelo play the piano?

El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
edited February 2011 in Strut Central
I saw dude last night playing that funky muppet steelo. But what was up with the piano synching or can dude actually play?

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Dude looked like the lovechild of Sun Ra & Elton John.

And what was with getting Gwyneth to karaoke over the track. confused.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Dude was looking like a funkee turkey/ peacock Mili Vanili'n on the ivories

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Okem said:

And what was with getting Gwyneth to karaoke over the track. confused.

I don't have an answer to wether or not cee-lo can play, but I believe she was singing because she made an appearance on the soulstrut disaaproved show GLEE singing it.

I think she looked pretty amazing. I am not mad at the puppets either.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    The reactions of people about arcade fire winning album of the year are funny.

Here some collected twitter posts:

"even barbara streisand couldn't believe it"

http://whoisarcadefire.tumblr.com/

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Cee Lo plays several instruments I believe. Very talented cat.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Im coppin Paltrow's album.............

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    batmon said:
    Im coppin Paltrow's elbow.............

This is how i read it.

• Cee-Lo is incredibly talented. Among his various talents, he is one of the most deeply profound and also technically gifted MCs in the south, and probably in the game itself. It totally broke my heart to see him doing that bullshit last night.

I know it's not cool in 2011 to scream "sellout" because like, get that money and yo, it's a movement movie and Jay-Z or Barack Obama or someone rich made selling out what's cool to be... but fusk that. Motherfucker was looking like Foghorn Leghorn.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Cee-Lo is incredibly talented. Among his various talents, he is one of the most deeply profound and also technically gifted MCs in the south, and probably in the game itself. It totally broke my heart to see him doing that bullshit last night.

I know it's not cool in 2011 to scream "sellout" because like, get that money and yo, it's a movement movie and Jay-Z or Barack Obama or someone rich made selling out what's cool to be... but fusk that. Motherfucker was looking like Foghorn Leghorn.

I really, really wish Cee-Lo would go back to rapping.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

I know it's not cool in 2011 to scream "sellout" because like, get that money and yo, it's a movement movie and Jay-Z or Barack Obama or someone rich made selling out what's cool to be... but fusk that.

Waaiiiiit a minute. Unless I don't know how to read Soulstrut, I am pretty sure the past 5 years on here have seen you as one of the biggest Jay-Z-and-Obama-got-swag nuthuggers on here. Am I wrong? Now you want shit to be kept real?! That train left the station in the last decade. Now call me a poptart so we can get back to the good old days!

We need less 40 year old rappers. Actually, just less rappers. And Dre needs a cummerbund..

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i gotta say i saw 30 sec of that performance
    and went in my office to listen to soul food instead
    i don't get how paltrow is ''hot'' also
    from mario batalli spain touring to singing she can do it alll (eyeroll)

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    pcmr said:

i don't get how paltrow is ''hot''

Relatively speaking, she made herself many times hotter by reciting other peoples' lyrics instead of speaking on things. Lucky she didn't rap.

• there is now a single degree of separation between goodie mob and huey lewis and the news.

• I thought that Cee-Lo's performance was nice. Minus the little forgetful moment at the beginning, that is. When they said he was going to perform with muppets, I was under the impression that he was going to perform with Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem. How disappointed I was when I saw that the drummer was looking more like Coolio than Animal.

And as for Eminem ever winning Album of the Year, I equate it to how the Oscars did Martin Scorsese when he won for The Departed. Most of his best work behind him and no award to show for it, they'll finally decide to give him a "Sympathy" award. After all these years.

pcmr said:
    i gotta say i saw 30 sec of that performance
    and went in my office to listen to Cee Lo Green and his Imperfect Perfections instead

Plaese to refrain from "Serious Grammy Discourse".

• vintageinfants said:
    there is now a single degree of separation between goodie mob and huey lewis and the news.

haha.

• batmon said:
    Plaese to refrain from "Serious Grammy Discourse".

srsly.

• Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Cee-Lo is incredibly talented. Among his various talents, he is one of the most deeply profound and also technically gifted MCs in the south, and probably in the game itself. It totally broke my heart to see him doing that bullshit last night.

I say, don't be shitting on my man Leghorn like that.

• [del]http://whoisarcadefire.tumblr.com/[/del]

EDIT.

i'm a total dumbass.

• of all people, why the hell was gwenyth paltrow duetting with him on that song?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:

of all people, why the hell was gwenyth paltrow duetting with him on that song?

Some people call it synergy. PR people.

• crabmongerfunk said:

of all people, why the hell was gwenyth paltrow duetting with him on that song?

• SportCasual said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

I know it's not cool in 2011 to scream "sellout" because like, get that money and yo, it's a movement movie and Jay-Z or Barack Obama or someone rich made selling out what's cool to be... but fusk that.

Waaiiiiit a minute. Unless I don't know how to read Soulstrut, I am pretty sure the past 5 years on here have seen you as one of the biggest Jay-Z-and-Obama-got-swag nuthuggers on here. Am I wrong? Now you want shit to be kept real?! That train left the station in the last decade. Now call me a poptart so we can get back to the good old days!

Stop poncing around.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I thought Cee Lo was the high point of the evening.
    How can people hate on Muppets?

Paltrow was there for the same reason the Muppets were.
    Humor.
    That and to make an obscene song acceptable for network tv.

It's the grammys people, don't look for art.

• I'm blown away by all the Cee-Lo hate. I guess some people don't like good music.

Shouts out to my old next door neighbor Brody Brown for killin it on the bass.

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    I like Cee Lo...really like the new album. Went to his 'show' on Thursday in San Diego....no bueno. Lasted 20 minutes. Hopefully L Dula or Undertheradar will chime in to describe the horror :

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Motherfucker was looking like Foghorn Leghorn.

I haven't seen this cartoon in years