New Radiohead Lp

OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
edited February 2011 in Strut Central
Not sure how interested theStrut is in Radiohead, but the internet is all a twitter about the fact that their 8th album is about to drop. Available for pre-order from their website now - http://www.thekingoflimbs.com/

Don't know if I'll cop the physical, but I like how they do things.
Radiohead's new record, The King Of Limbs, is presented here as the world's first* Newspaper Album, comprising:

* Two clear 10" vinyl records in a purpose-built record sleeve.
* A compact disc.
* Many large sheets of artwork, 625 tiny pieces of artwork and a full-colour piece of oxo-degradeable plastic to hold it all together.
* The Newspaper Album comes with a digital download that is compatible with all good digital media players.
* The Newspaper Album will be shipped on Monday 9th May 2011 you can, however, enjoy the download on Saturday 19th February 2011.

Comments

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Should be good.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    I'm definitely looking forward to a new Radiohead album, its just too bad the only way to pre-order some non-digital format is to spend $48. I probably will not do that. How about just vinyl? Or just a CD?

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    bluesnag said:
    I'm definitely looking forward to a new Radiohead album, its just too bad the only way to pre-order some non-digital format is to spend $48. I probably will not do that. How about just vinyl? Or just a CD?

March 28th for general CD and vinyl issues via XL Recordings.

• uttersutters 321 Posts

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Thanks for the heads-up, big fan.

anyone tried the 1 and 10 playlist? pretty cool.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    nzshadow said:
    anyone tried the 1 and 10 playlist? pretty cool.

I did. It sounded fine but I wasn't convinced that it was the way it was intended, in some decade-long mysterious project. The songs go together well but I'd still rather listen to them as they appeared on the albums.

• This will be an interesting year. For music. Can't wait to hear it.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    This is the stand out track so far.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    It's an interesting listen. gona take a few more before I attempt to pass judgement on it.

It reminds me of some of their bsides was my first impression. & it definitely has more of a home listen, than a stadium anthem feel.

• I listened to it one time around now. It was a nice sit-down. But after first impression, this is definitely something I would end up buying.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Spldey said:
    I listened to it one time around now. It was a nice sit-down. But after first impression, this is definitely something I would not end up buying.

- spidey

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    It was a really stormy night in San Diego last night. We turned out all the lights, opened all the blinds, and put on this album for a first listen as we watched the storm. It was a nice way to give it a first listen. I'm excited to give it a few more rotations. Copped the double 10" with no regrets.

• It clocks in at 37 minutes, and left me wanting more. I really enjoyed it, though.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    The new Arcade Fire is way better.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Reynaldo said:
    The new Arcade Fire is way better.

U funny

• this shit is way too wasted for my tastes. my girlfriend liked it, but she smokes TONS of weed.

• Options
    Come on. These guys suck and they have always sucked.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

• DocMcCoy said:

Much better than the Beyonce version...

• Okem said:
    Not sure how interested theStrut is in Radiohead, but the internet is all a twitter about the fact that their 8th album is about to drop. Available for pre-order from their website now - http://www.thekingoflimbs.com/

Don't know if I'll cop the physical, but I like how they do things.

Radiohead's new record, The King Of Limbs, is presented here as the world's first* Newspaper Album, comprising:

* Two clear 10" vinyl records in a purpose-built record sleeve.
    * A compact disc.
    * Many large sheets of artwork, 625 tiny pieces of artwork and a full-colour piece of oxo-degradeable plastic to hold it all together.
    * The Newspaper Album comes with a digital download that is compatible with all good digital media players.
    * The Newspaper Album will be shipped on Monday 9th May 2011 you can, however, enjoy the download on Saturday 19th February 2011.

It's weird to be paying so much for the extra artwork that is advertised as being held together by an oxo-degradable structure. First self-destructing album?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts