What Will You Do With Your Record Collection....part 2

MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
edited February 2011 in Strut Central
To specify that earlier topic, at what age you Strutters gonna think "now it's time to stop collecting". And at what age are you gonna think about selling your collection? (in case you're still healthy). Personally I think about minimilizing my diggin' addiction at around 50 & start selling at around 60 (I'm 39 now & started at the age of 15).

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    People with OCD don't just stop.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i will sell or give away the chaff and give my son the rest

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    MR_ZIMMS said:
    To specify that earlier topic, at what age you Strutters gonna think "now it's time to stop collecting". And at what age are you gonna think about selling your collection? (in case you're still healthy). Personally I think about minimilizing my diggin' addiction at around 50 & start selling at around 60 (I'm 39 now & started at the age of 15).

Just sell it. Feels good to not have thousands of records anymore.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i think if i ever just totally stop making beats itll be really nice to dump the half of my collection which are records i keep strictly for a couple samples or a break or something. i know a lot of people just load this shit onto a harddrive and sell them off, but there have been a lot of times where ive had drives crash, and i was happy i saved the records, or cases where i went back to a really early beat i did that had a sample from an album i totally forgot had anything worthwhile on it, that i was probably about to get rid of.

that said, i have no idea where my collections gonna go when i die, but i'll probably have a lot of records still at that point. i'm sure ill meet somebody at some point worthy of taking it over, or just have my family sell it off and keep the cash for things they actually need.

• *Edit*