Record grading in Japan

Funky_MimizuFunky_Mimizu 631 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone know if they have a set grading system here? I'm trying to get some shit off yahoo auctions Japan, and the closest I can see them having are like adjectives... Like "normal", "not so bad", shit like that.A little worrisome...Of course, I could be missing something... My Japanese is shit.Anyone ever buy shit from yahoo auctions japan?Peace...FNM

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I have noticed on Japanese sites that a letter system is often used. A, B, C, D with + and -.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    A (EX)
    B (VG)
    C (VG-)
    D (G)

with the abbreviations or + or -

most sellers on yahoo japan are dope with theirs! never had a problem...

peace.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Is mint used in Japanese grading? I always see EX as a grade, which I assumed to be the same as VG+.

Peace

h

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    FM - I'm considering using yahoo for some japanese stuff, but it is a pain in the arse. You need a valid japanese credit card or bank account to create a yahoo account that is capable of bidding. Thus I have to use a 3rd party service to bid on my behalf.

alas, that's the curse of liking japanese music.

• Thanks for the replies...

I dunno though, alot of the records I'm looking at don't appear to have such a defnite grading... Good looking out though!

And Aser, yeah, I'm hitting Japanese friends up to place the bids on my behalf.

Peace...
    FNM

• A (EX)
    B (VG)
    C (VG-)
    D (G)

peace.

how do you read it it's all in japanese ?

• spcspc 534 Posts
    A (EX)
    B (VG)
    C (VG-)
    D (G)

peace.

how do you read it it's all in japanese ?

my question too. is there some kind of translation-engine on the web? I've been reading a bit on www.thejapanesepage.com, but I think it'll take a dew years before I can go e-digging in japan

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    e-diggin in Japan is fucking amazing... lucky i've had a mate who's got it all setup... lots of gems on there going cheap on the daily... dope thing is that yahoo japan relists the stuff automatically, so there's like years worth of stuff there!

peace.