what are you preparing and/or eating?

we're doing

- Fried chicken
- creamed kale
- mashed potatoes
- artichoke parmesan dip
- jalapeno popper dip
- 7-layer dip

and i think we're going to put on a led zeppelin dvd during the black eyed peas halftime show

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Nothing fancy: wings, mozzarella sticks, wheat thins and alouette, and lots of Old Speckled Hen....

And Oh, GO STEELERS!

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    edith head said:
    put on a led zeppelin dvd during the black eyed peas halftime show
    good idea!
    b/w
    local IPA
    neighborhood pizza
    cali grown tree

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    For the unfamiliar, non 'Merimen, how does your average football fan decide which team they're going to cheer for, in the event of their 'local' team, not being in the final?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    also..

What is 7-layer dip?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Okem said:
    For the unfamiliar, non 'Merimen, how does your average football fan decide which team they're going to cheer for, in the event of their 'local' team, not being in the final?

I was always taught that you were supposed to go with the team that beat yours, in some sort of sportsmanship bullshit gesture, like, "well boys, you had the better of us this year." I think that way your team could still be thought of as #2.

Most also go with their Conference. AFC/NFC.

These days I just wait for the horrible halftime shit.

• homemade pizzas, good beers and dips of various varieties

- jalapeno popper dip
    I'm quite interested in how this is pulled off.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Okem said:

Personally I'm rooting for the team that doesn't have a twice accused of rape douchebag Quarterback.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Oxtail w/ Dirty Rice and Baby Bok Choy...........vodka.

Shrimp Salsa
    Guacamole
    Chesse Steaks
    Wings

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

I am making Slow-Cooked Achiote Pork ("Cochinita Pibil")

I doubled this recipe
    http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/546481-Slow-Cooked-Achiote-Pork-Cochinita-Pibil-

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Wife just made a big ol' pot of her awesome chili. throw in some corn bread and we're good.

Growing up my dad has a tradition of getting KFC on Superbowl Sunday. I remember getting down on some extra crispy when Golden Richards made that TD catch against the Orange Crush. What's your first Super Bowl memory?

edith head said:

and i think we're going to put on a led zeppelin dvd during Joe Buck's play-by-play

DrWu said:
    What's your first Super Bowl memory?

Dolphins / Skins (1982?) and John Riggins mega-run.

RAJ said:
    edith head said:

and i think we're going to put on a led zeppelin dvd during Joe Buck's play-by-play

The local Sports radio station, The Ticket, has a dude that does an amazing fake Jerry Jones and at halftime they will be having the "Fake Jerry Jones Dance Party" with the fake Wade Phillips along with other fake guests....should be the highlight of the day here.

1310 The Ticket....you can listen online.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I'm eating these and wings

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I could have just bumped the thread from two years ago. Although now I do the smoking on Saturday so I don't have to get up in the pre-dawn hours to get the meat started. This bad boy spent nine hickory smogged hours on the grill yesterday:

Plus slaw, beans, guac and cheese dip.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    And for dessert, Yellow and Green Packer themed mini-cupcakes vs Black and Gold Steeler Bottom cupcakes. Choose your team, choose your dessert.

• dollar_bin said:
    And for dessert, Yellow and Green Packer themed mini-cupcakes vs Black and Gold Steeler Bottom cupcakes. Choose your team, choose your dessert.

:face_melt:

I'm watching it at the pub, the attached restaurant is killer and I've eaten there often so I'll be getting down with the following......

Roast, Braised Beef Stuffed Bone Marrow with Celeriac Remoulade

Suckling Pig with Red Peppers, White Anchovy, Beans and Ham Hock

I may just fucks with a lemon parfait for desert..........

:freeway:

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Okem said:

Personally I'm rooting for the team that doesn't have a twice accused of rape douchebag Quarterback.

^ This. Backed with Green Bay is the only fan owned team. Backed with I am going with the team whose quarter back spent 3 childhood years in my town.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I forgot the food. Nancy want's to make French Onion soup during the game. I am going to start slicing onions now.

I made tzaziki this afternoon, which I ate for lunch.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I'm drinking a cup of tea and trying to figure out which one of these hand-egg players is the rapist.

I can see why you plan a meal around your sporting events - So many ad breaks - getting bored already.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    We had chicken and dumplings.