PayPal Claim Advice

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited February 2011 in Strut Central
Item was paid for 4 days ago. Item was shipped 2 days ago. Item not received dispute was opened without any contact yesterday. And this was shipped international.

I provided a tracking number AND a note claiming it is IMPOSSIBLE to receive the package in 2 days.

Should I jump the gun as a valued paypal account holder and call customer service complaining I am trying to be scammed? Think it'll work for once? I've heard sometimes they will work with you.

Comments

• Calling is always better than waiting it out

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Calling is always better than waiting it out

i called. they understand i called as a prerequisite to a refund so it is in their notes. i asked them if i could use their premature claim as leverage to prove i am being scammed even though a tracking number and ship date was provided. they agreed it looks suspicious....

i am just trying to win one of the small guys right now...

• Glad you have a tracking number!

• damn man...i hope that shit works out. i know you ebay a lot,how often do you get shady complainers?

im in a similar chargeback boat of wackness. i sold a high ticket 12" to japan and specified in the details it had a tear on one of the labels. i didnt provide sound clips but the record was my personal copy and i know for a fact it was clean and played perfect. while i was on vacation the dude,shige, started writing to me that it played horrible and skips in various places and he wants his money back. what the fuck??!
    so i dont have a problem refunding his money, but what if dude damaged my record just so he could send it back? he even sent me soundclips that i havent listened to yet, but i know that joint was clean. i even offered to meet him at the airport in tokyo (where he lives) but he refused. i dont want to get a record back with knife marks in it. whatwouldsoulstrutdo?

• that is f#%ked up!!
    have had the misfortune of losing 2 records lately not having followed up within the timeframe!
    paypal sure needs to get with the times and see the buyer and sellers situations on par with one another!
    i'm sure you will see light at the end of the tunnel with this one, it's dodgy to say the least.......good luck

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I would definitely try to appeal to the reason of a live person at paypal as the tracking might not do very much for you. There is apparently some fine print in their policy that says anything up to a certain value ($200 maybe) has to not only be signed for but have the signature viewable online. Which rules out any USPS option, I believe. I had a USPS Express Mail package to Italy go missing last month and the guy had no problem filing a claim even though I'd printed a label through paypal and the tracking was hooked up to the payment the second I printed the label.