The SOUNDCARRIERS

SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
edited February 2011 in Strut Central
Y'all can keep your Tame Impala. I like this shit.

Nobody talking about this?

- spidey

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    eh. alright then.

thought this was interesting.

- spidey

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,916 Posts
    I have to admit these guys have completely passed me by. They sound good, though - I can hear bits of Axelrod, Dungen, Stereolab...I'll definitely investigate further.

That second clip...well, that's pretty much how it is for the overwhelming majority of musicians these days. It ain't just major-label product that's getting blogged, torrented or downloaded illegally. A lot of the people who are cheering the demise of the music industry seem to forget this. I mean, just yesterday the inevitable finally happened, and EMI - once the biggest record company in the world - fell into the hands of the bankers when Citigroup took it over. The strongest rumours suggest that Citi will just go on an asset-stripping rampage, breaking up the company and selling it to the highest bidder. These bidders will probably be either Universal, Warner Music, BMG or another merchant bank/private equity firm, meaning that The Industry will continue; just that it will be under the control of an even smaller group of people whose focus will, likely as not, be upon curating their acquisitions rather than developing new talent.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I hate talking about the BUSINESS behind MUSIC. Everybody know politics always runs this music shit always has always will. Though the faces may change the game remains the same.

This band does have a good sound though. I found out about them through The Chicken Shack recording studio. Home of The Natural Yogurt band.

Looks like a fun studio.

- spidey

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    SPlDEY said:
    Y'all can keep your Tame Impala. I like this shit.

Nobody talking about this?

- spidey

This is great! Thanks for posting--never heard of 'em before.

Kindly,
    parallax