Kool Herc sick?

Comments

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    I guess somebody should tweet the Kanyes & Jay-Zs of the world

• That's some shameful shit. Besides his history, he's the nicest guy you could meet. I'd be happy to kick in some dough if something a bit more official than a PO box kicks off.

From the comments............

fizzroy said:
    @ SNOW WHYT

I KEEP TRYNA TELL PEOPLE THAT RUN THIS HIP HOP WEBSITE ( KEY WORD HIP HOP WEBSITE )

SEDWICK AVE IS NOT IN THE SOUTH BRONX...BUT THEY KEEP ON STATING THAT HIP HOP STARTED ON SEDWICK AVE IN THE SOUTH BRONX...THEY NEED TO JUST SAY THE BRONX.

WHOEVER RUN THIS WEBSITE NEED TO STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION.

• a billion $ industry & its founder can't afford an operation, very sad. No mention on the link of how to help though. I'd be more than willing to donate what I can to help out...

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    wow.

Prayers going up for Herc's health... the money is out there.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Hopefully now that the news is out ppl will start rallying to get him some financial support.....

It will be intresting to see which established artists stand up and do their bit... I think the only rapper that should get a pass is Nas cus he's got enought financial worries....and any crew that got signed to an indy label in the 90s... :-P

But all the big names in the industry could throw a concert for Herc and he would have all the money for medical bills he needs.... I just wonder if many of these cats would give a shit.

We gonna do a SS heatrocks4herc thingy? Count me in if we do.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I hope Herc gets the help that he needs and soon. That said, the tone of some of the comments in this thread and the article are confusing. There seems to be very little information out there and there seems to be a lot of up-in-arms commenting. What really is "shameful"? I understand that if you are admitted to a hospital, you might be not afforded all of the necessary tests due to a lack of insurance. But, generally, if you are in dire need, you don't get thrown out on the street. Any idea what Herc is suffering from???

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Should other rappers pay his child support and mortgage too?

• Preem's tweet:

Kool Herc's Sister Cindy Campbell is dealing with the issues and you may email her at: cindycampbell1@aol.com

I dunno, man...

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    batmon said:

not sure what that has to do with someone coming down with an illness and not being unable to pay for their healthcare, shit happens and sometimes people need some help...

not sure if you know any one with a serious illness or not mate, but friggin cancer meds are at $6000 a month for my brother and although he has healthcare, i cant see how long people would be able to live for when those isses arise without having help or asking for help, but i am sure that if you come down with something serious "out of the blue" people will be rallying for money for you and prolly your mortgage and i am sure you wouldnt have any issue with that...

saying....

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    batmon said:

not sure what that has to do with someone coming down with an illness and not being unable to pay for their healthcare, shit happens and sometimes people need some help...

not sure if you know any one with a serious illness or not mate, but friggin cancer meds are at $6000 a month for my brother and although he has healthcare, i cant see how long people would be able to live for when those isses arise without having help or asking for help, but i am sure that if you come down with something serious "out of the blue" people will be rallying for money for you and prolly your mortgage and i am sure you wouldnt have any issue with that...

saying....

I hope dude heals up, and its a shame he's not in financial state to cover himself, but to suggest that cats that came after him dont care is wack.
    A charity event would be nice, but no-one is obligated to help.

Many artists dont have proper heath care in all genre's of music. Its the game. Deal.

b/w

I have a headache - send me 20 dollars.... :lush:

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Papalote here in SF is donating 10% of their sales this Thurday to Kool Herc.

http://www.papalote-sf.com/

I'll buy a burrito.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    elise said:
    Papalote here in SF is donating 10% of their sales this Thurday to Kool Herc.

http://www.papalote-sf.com/

I'll buy a burrito.

Papalote is the schitt!!!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Kidney Stones

Also:

Herc???s sister, Cindy Campbell, said that her brother sought treatment at St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx in October for kidney stones. As part of the procedure, a stent was temporarily inserted to alleviate the pressure. She said that Herc had to reschedule several appointments to remove the stent due to bad weather and not feeling well. She said the last time he spoke with the hospital, a little over a week ago, he was told that he needed to place a deposit.

Steven Clark, a spokesman for the hospital, said that privacy rules prevented him from commenting on the specific case. He said that, in general, the hospital would not refuse an uninsured patient in the emergency room, and that follow-up procedures would also be performed.

???But if a patient doesn???t show up, or repeatedly misses appointments, that changes the game,??? he said. ???They can???t dictate their care.???

Kinda makes you wonder if that telethon was really necessary.

• whoa! ok so wait...all of this has been over some Kidney Stones? damn i had kidney stones when i was 22, most pain i have ever been in in my life thus far but the pain went away with some Demerol, i passed that shizzle at work without any issues...

although i spoke with someone once who wasnt so lucky.... :shreddin_it:

*shutters!