what is this obvious sample???

SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
what is this obvious sample??? it's killing me, my mind won't work right now!

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Sirus,

Here you go:

Batmon was quicker on the draw, oops.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    thank you both. damn, i ain't that old yet.

Raydio is underated

What up Daddy Stacks?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    batmon said:
    What up Daddy Stacks?

Hey Batmon,

All is good on this end, just grinding hard and nursing a sore back from all that cotdamn shoveling on Thursday morning. How are things on your end?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Anyone have any stories on this dude?

How did he switch over from being a Great Session Guitarist to a keyboard dude by the late 70's?

Dude is on the classic Sesame Street Video w/ Stevie Wonder performing Superstition.

Did he play keys for other artists, and then went for self?

Big_Stacks said:
    batmon said:
    What up Daddy Stacks?

Hey Batmon,

All is good on this end, just grinding hard and nursing a sore back from all that cotdamn shoveling on Thursday morning. How are things on your end?

My back is sore as hell, from shovelling the Center's exterior. I've been out there all week.

Mad Advil. I think im gonna take a Salt Bath today.

I have Ray Parker Jr. in one of the Herbie Hancock bands on his VSOP albums.

batmon said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    batmon said:
    What up Daddy Stacks?

Hey Batmon,

My back is sore as hell, from shovelling the Center's exterior. I've been out there all week.

I hear you, Batmon, a long jacuzzi bath is in my future (maybe Mrs. Stacks will join me). I bought a snowblower so my shoveling days are done.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Big_Stacks said:
    batmon said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    batmon said:
    What up Daddy Stacks?

Hey Batmon,

I hear you, Batmon, a long jacuzzi bath is in my future (maybe Mrs. Stacks will join me). I bought a snowblower so my shoveling days are done.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

U got a separate Jacuzzi, or Jacuzzi Jets in your bathtub player?

batmon said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    batmon said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    batmon said:
    What up Daddy Stacks?

Hey Batmon,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

U got a separate Jacuzzi, or Jacuzzi Jets in your bathtub player?

I got jacuzzi jets in the bathtub, a double-sized garden tub with room for two. :real_headz:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• minimini 879 Posts
    batmon said:

Raydio is underated

Many great songs.

• minimini 879 Posts

• minimini 879 Posts
    From Wikipedia:

Parker gained his reputation during the early 1970s as a member of the house band at the legendary 20 Grand nightclub. This Detroit hot-spot often featured Tamla/Motown acts, one of which the (Detroit) Spinners, was so impressed with the young guitarist's skills that they added him to their touring group. Parker was also employed as a teenaged studio musician for the emergent Holland-Dozier-Holland's Invictus/Hot Wax stable and his choppy style was particularly prevalent on 'Want Ads', a number one single for Honey Cone.

In the mid-1970s he was a sideman in Barry White's The Love Unlimited Orchestra, before creating Raydio, an R&B group, in 1977, with Vincent Bohnam, Jerry Knight, and Arnell Carmichael. Parker appeared briefly in the 1974 film Uptown Saturday Night as a guitar player. Parker also wrote songs and did session work for The Carpenters, Rufus and Chaka Khan, Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder (an association which prompted a permanent move to Los Angeles), Deniece Williams, Jean-Luc Ponty, Leon Haywood, Temptations, The Spinners, Boz Scaggs, David Foster, Rhythm Heritage, Gladys Knight and the Pips, The Honey Cone, Herbie Hancock, Tina Turner and Diana Ross.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Raydio got slow jams for days..........

This was a big song when I was a kid in school.......

Ray Parker Jr. wrote and produced this New Edition classic..............

Ray Parker Jr. is a really nice guy. We did a few shows with him while he was playing with The Crusaders. Ray was telling me crazy stories about Clive Davis and the music business. We were rolling around singing old Raydio songs and just acting a fool. Great dude.

Joe Sample, Ray Parker Jr., Big Chan

• minimini 879 Posts

killin it

b/w

"Raydio got slow jams for days.........."

yes

• jltjlt 8 Posts
    he's my uncle

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

big fan, am half way through doing an edit of this atm

the_dL said:

big fan, am half way through doing an edit of this atm

Great song. Plaese to post the edit when you finish it!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Heard him tell a story. He was working around Detroit. Got a call, guy said, Hi, this is Stevie Wonder I want you to record with me. Ray, thinking it was a friend of his playing a prank hangs up. Phone rings again, Hi this is Stevie.. Hangs up. Again. Hangs up Again "DON'T HANG UP! I want you to record with me"

And that's how he got to work with Wonder. I think he was kinda young at the time.

Maybe his nephew/or niece, can fill in the details of this story.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    jlt said:
    he's my uncle
    u gotta expound on this...

• just noticed last night that he play bass on this...

Raydio would be high on a list of best bands always found in the dollar bin