Ebay Auctions VS Set Sales - Classifieds Related

Manduro3000Manduro3000 265 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
I've been seeing this a lot in the classified section. Ads listed as set sales, but when you click on it they are actually links to ebay auctions. Does this get on anybody else's nerves? An ebay auction is not a set sale. If there is bidding involved the world sale should not be used in the heading.

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Slow day on the Strut.

• buy my records...it says set sale and is indeed a set sale

• Manduro3000 said:
    . Does this get on anybody else's nerves?

Yeah, I just clicked on one of those. "Ebay set sale" and they weren't even BINs. Tsk tsk.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Yeah it sucks.

Its also against the law to sell your Discogs schitt thru another site like I've seen a person do on here. Like the idea, but saw it expressed on discogs seller code.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    What does that mean? Like you can't link to your discogs listings?

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    button said:

Hell I don't know, sounds like a good idea though, this is what they say:

"You will be selling directly to Discogs users, NOT via Discogs. "

Doesn't matter though if a soul strut/lurker is part of discogs though.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Wish there was a way to apply a filter on the classifieds. I just want to see posts from euromans & brit-fags!

• Burns said:
    button said:

Hell I don't know, sounds like a good idea though, this is what they say:

"You will be selling directly to Discogs users, NOT via Discogs. "

Doesn't matter though if a soul strut/lurker is part of discogs though.

FYI: http://www.discogs.com/widgets

it's cool to embed your discogs items on a blog or site....

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Last few years I've noticed a sharp decline in SS on here. Too many damn EBAY links or links to overly priced online record sites. One other forum I frequent the SS are popping off every hour so there is always something good to buy.

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    shooterali said:
    Last few years I've noticed a sharp decline in SS on here. Too many damn EBAY links or links to overly priced online record sites. One other forum I frequent the SS are popping off every hour so there is always something good to buy.

So apart from waxidermy what other forums allow set sales

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    gaz said:
    shooterali said:

So apart from waxidermy what other forums allow set sales

The Deep Pockets Funk Board.

FWIW, I think the ebays listed as SSs are down to euroman misunderstanding rather than someone trying to score a promotional coup. I mean how much does an SS listing generate in extra bids? Is it like getting an Oscar nom?

• one incremental bid = classified paid for

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Im getting ready to post a big, genuine, no-ebay $5 record (+ some nicley priced raers) set sale soon.
    Keep yr eyes peeled! T
    hey always seem to work out well for me and the buyers.
    Though im not sure if you can edit your sets as you sell thru peices though like you used to be able to on the old sight. Anyone tried that yet?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    mrmatthew said:

Though im not sure if you can edit your sets as you sell thru peices though like you used to be able to on the old sight. Anyone tried that yet?

Yes you can.

I put up a list of a couple hundred hip hop records a few months ago and sold out of all of them in close to 4 days. No ebay, no hassles, quick, easy $$.