gg allin

2»

Comments

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    This is just amazing to me. I have never understood the whole punk rock thing. Never hung out with punks, never listened to punk, never wanted to.

I also knew nothing of GG Allin. I heard the name, but that was about it. All of this seem just fuckin stupid to me. I just plain dont get it.

White people do some crazy shit.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    cosign. i dont get it either. if i was at a concert and a dude threw shit at me, i think i would be forced to whoop his ass

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    if i was at a concert and a dude threw shit at me, i think i would be forced to whoop his ass

This LOCATION brought to you by Enterprises, Inc.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    people do some crazy shit.

• if i was at a concert and a dude threw shit at me, i think i would be forced to whoop his ass
    i heard he encouraged people to come up and whoop his ass? stein. . .

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    people do some crazy shit.

People shit some crazy doodoos

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

How did he die? Was it during a concert?

h

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I was downtown with a buddy of mine (He's black) & we saw these white punk kids coming out of a bar. They were all rowdy & my friend was like: "let's cross the street before they fuck us in the ass or something".

h

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

I was downtown with a buddy of mine (He's black) & we saw these white punk kids coming out of a bar. They were all rowdy & my friend was like: "let's cross the street before they fuck us in the ass or something".

h

hahahahahahahahaha

• White people do some crazy shit.

h

And what is wrong with ass-sex, exactly? Is that funny to you? Laughing at people's sexual proclivities???

• Does he look like Lenin's corpse to anyone else?

• the owner of my house just told me he has the biography of hommie produced by todd phillips(starsky and hutch) i'm gonna watch. peace, stein. . .

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Michael Henderson wants his banana hammock back.

• I have a lot of friends who knew GG, and one bunch who made an album with him (Antiseen). It's easy to forget, with all the bad records later in his life, that GG was an excellent songwriter. His first record (recorded in 77) "Always is, Always was, and shall always be" is the right up there in the power pop holy trinity with cheap trick and the buzzcocks. Mid period records like"dirty love songs" (actually a comp of a few releases)have lots of good tunes on them as well ("sluts in the city" etc) -- and he did a great job making Hank Jr songs dirty, which obviously I can appreciate.

To hear Antiseen explain it, GG was "Kevin Patrick,"a fairly normal guy when there were none of his fans around, when they showed up -- he turned into the GG character. It is also said, that he hated those fans.

In my opinion, he became a sad, self parody of himself towards the end -- forgetting how to write music, because good music isn't what was bringing him attention -- throwing shit was. And he lived - and died -- for attention.

GG did push the envelope -- I've heard many a tale of riots and near riots breaking out --ala the black flag gigs in the 80s. Having been in a few punk rock riots myself while booking shows in the 90s, I can say I'm glad that no one was throwing fecal matter at me!

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    i remember seeing him on the Jerry Springer show a couple years before he died , just going off on the audience saying that if people came to his shows to expect to be raped and a bunch of other crazy ass shit. people thought he was the fuckin devil