Murder Dog- the South Carolina Issue

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I know I have asked this a time or two before. But I STILL havent got my hands on a copy of the Murder Dog issue that came out not too long ago that focuses on South Carolina hip hop and I really want to peep this shit BADLY. I know that a dude works for them or something posts on this board(or used to at least). I sort of forgot about it until I was listening to a Mastermind Records RE-UP Mixtape(Country Boys,Cash,Lo Lyfe,Cold Cannons,Templeton,B-1,Deezy Slim,Trea 80,etc) and heard them talking about the Murder Dog issue. Can someone point me in the right direction of dude? also..seeing how much a few of yall liked the few songs my boy Ovulationist posted of that 16 yr old white boy from here(SC)acting all hard and shit, I have to ask..Would any of you out there be interested in hearing/buying/checking out South Carolina hip hop(Candy Paint Chevy having/Wood Grain gripping/Gangsta/Pimpin'/Fighting in the club type steez?)thanks.

Comments

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    yes i would

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    Would any of you out there be interested in hearing/buying/checking out South Carolina hip hop(Candy Paint Chevy having/Wood Grain gripping/Gangsta/Pimpin'/Fighting in the club type steez?)

thanks.
    I SURE WOULD!!! prefered format would be 12's. If you've got some to sell or whatever let me know...

• Would any of you out there be interested in hearing/buying/checking out South Carolina hip hop(Candy Paint Chevy having/Wood Grain gripping/Gangsta/Pimpin'/Fighting in the club type steez?)

thanks.
    I SURE WOULD!!! prefered format would be 12's. If you've got some to sell or whatever let me know...

mp3s might have to do. I dont really come across SC 12"s around here. Most dudes seem to be strictly homemade CD style. but I can post a few if yall are interested. I lost a few..but I have 2 CDs sitting here that I will go ahead and load a few clips and post them on here.

• damn..I cant figure out the way to do this. I pop in a CD into my D:drive...and I can open it in Real Player or W.M.Player. But I cant save songs(if I could..I would then throw the files/songs onto my own personal webspace and let yall peep them). What should I do?

What should I do?
    Go download itunes. It's free and real easy to import files as mp3s from a CD w/ that program. Then you can upload 'em wherever you want.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I wonder if NC/SC is the Crunk borderline

Almost all NC rapstuff is backpacker/Native Tongues inspired (Little Bro is like the tip of the iceberg yawl)

Aside from Petey Pab and Hot Wright that is

I got a 12" by some dude named Charlie or somethin' like that, it's on green vinyl and from like Lumberton NC its from '04 I think and it's not crunk but it is thug shit. One song is called "Curb Life" and the other one is "This that Shit"(i think).

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    yeh form my expereience there is not alot of backpacker stuff down there unless you get to the chapel hill area or alot of the college areas... You get into the stix and away from the campuses and its gets to be a mixture of crunk and thug type styles... Its kind of a melting pot, at least NC is...

• Liquorhouse anyone????

South Carolina posse crunk.

BTW southcrackalak, murder dogs web site has a few of the SC interviews up...

• Yo thats me man I did like 50 pages that issue, all SC photos were me....

holler at me anytime, i'll find you one...

• Yo thats me man I did like 50 pages that issue, all SC photos were me....

holler at me anytime, i'll find you one...

you the man!!!!!!! i love this fucking thread...more please!!!!!!!!!!!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    just wanted to ad that murder dog is the best name for a magazine ever.

also, whats up with the naked hippies pushing raw food diets that seem to be in every issue?

• meshmesh 925 Posts

i dont think so cuz up here in richmond, there is quite a crunkish thuggish scene going on. PLENTY of people getting their crunk on. BUT, we also have a good amount of that back to the old school/native tongueish vibe going on too.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

i dont think so cuz up here in richmond, there is quite a crunkish thuggish scene going on. PLENTY of people getting their crunk on. BUT, we also have a good amount of that back to the old school/native tongueish vibe going on too.

Yeah I guess that stuff just doesn't really get released around here... super underground

I don't even hear about shows though

I did see some homemade crunk videos on public access a few years ago