UK/Euroman Mail issues....

funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
I'm waiting a long ass time for three separate items from the UK and one from Spain (all different sellers). Anyone else having similar problems getting mail from the old country(s)???

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Yeah, it took 6 weeks for a recent package from the UK and I'm hearing all kinds of stories like this.

• Horseleech said:
    Yeah, it took 6 weeks for a recent package from the UK and I'm hearing all kinds of stories like this.

None of the sellers are shady, and one of the guys I spoke to said that thanks to the crazy weather over there (and here) the post is all f*cked up.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    The crazy weather has been gone for a while.
    There should be no hold ups. Internal mail has reverted to next-day for weeks now.

I posted records from UK to Spain two days ago, you're making me nervous.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    funky16corners said:
    Horseleech said:

None of the sellers are shady, and one of the guys I spoke to said that thanks to the crazy weather over there (and here) the post is all f*cked up.

I wouldn't worry, and I don't think it's the weather - the USPS is upping their security measures on packages from overseas and I think this is really the issue. Unfortunately this means that this may be the new reality, not just post-holiday malaise.

• Horseleech said:
    funky16corners said:
    Horseleech said:

I wouldn't worry, and I don't think it's the weather - the USPS is upping their security measures on packages from overseas and I think this is really the issue. Unfortunately this means that this may be the new reality, not just post-holiday malaise.

That certainly makes much more sense as a potential long-term clusterf*ck.

• Spain to the US has always been nortoriously slow...It's taken up to six weeks for me to get stuff from Spain.

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    Is working the other way round also, I waited a month for a record to get to me from the states...

the snow here at christmas obviously caused a massive backlog

• The_Hook_Up said:
    Spain to the US has always been nortoriously slow...It's taken up to six weeks for me to get stuff from Spain.

That's the one I'm most worried about too. Actually one of the missing appeared in my mailbox this afternoon, naturally the least valuable of the bunch, but it got here safely, so hope endures....

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Yeah I'm on 5+ weeks for one from the UK and one from Brazil. only because of these threads and posts am I able to at least pretend to be calm and patient, knowing that it seems to be the norm and my packages probably aren't lost. that and the fact that the "estimated delivery date" on the one that was through eBay, from Brazil, does say like "Jan 20-26" so I am staying calm. although IWANTMYFUCKINGRECORDSRIGHTFUCKINGNOWALREADY

• SoulOnIce said:
    Yeah I'm on 5+ weeks for one from the UK and one from Brazil. only because of these threads and posts am I able to at least pretend to be calm and patient, knowing that it seems to be the norm and my packages probably aren't lost. that and the fact that the "estimated delivery date" on the one that was through eBay, from Brazil, does say like "Jan 20-26" so I am staying calm. although IWANTMYFUCKINGRECORDSRIGHTFUCKINGNOWALREADY

Seriously...I don't even care about the money. I just want the records, as soon as possible so I can snuggle up with them and whisper sweet nothings etc etc...

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    On week 5 now for two packages from France. The suspense is killing me.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    maru said:
    On week 5 now for two packages from France. The suspense is killing me.

I'm in a similar boat, Br**n. I bought a pricey lp from a French seller (in my top three wants) just before Christmas and I'm not looking forward to waiting another month to get it.

Just today I received a 45 that I bought from a dude in france IN EARLY NOVEMBER AND WAS POSTMARKED Nov. 10.

This was shipped well before the christmas rush AND all the terrorist threat B.S.

Kinda weird b/c I get stuff from Paulo at Superfly all the time and it arrives super fast.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    funky16corners said:
    Seriously...I don't even care about the money. I just want the records, as soon as possible so I can snuggle up with them and whisper sweet nothings etc etc...

• This thread gives me hope.
    I'm waiting for 5 Lps and one book from different trusted sellers (UK, USA, Portugual). Mainly orders i did at the end of november.
    I received only last week a LP that has been shipped 1st decembre from the US...
    I know that french mail is known to be shitty, but before that i naver have a LP lost in 5 years.
    If it is the new euromail trend for 2011 that really sucks.

• I ordered something on December 28th and it still hasn't arrived, and that's within the UK, the post here can be a bit shit sometimes.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Just got my package from Superfly which was postmarked December 10. I imagine you should be getting your soon A*am if you haven't already.

• Still waiting on stuff from the UK sent in December.

My wife believes the Brazilian postage system is so bad she won't send a thing from here to there..