Spartacus (TV-R)

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
Anyone here watch this? Is this good? It appears incredibly bad, but I saw Xena's tittays and there's a lotta blood and gore, so there's that. If I "followed" this series, would there be some vindication?

Comments

• Options
    The Kirk Douglas movie is one of my all-time favorites. The TV show is an atrocity.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Yeah, it appears incredibly bad. I'm guessing people here haven't watched it, or hate stopping for titties on their remote.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I recommended this series a while back. It's kind of B-movie style tv, but it's actually pretty well written & John Hannah is rarely anything but excellent. Thoroughly enjoyable if you don't take it too seriously.

• yeah. do not invest yourself in any way with this show. just watch it.

the acclaimed version of this was already done with Rome.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    this show is awesome
    its like rome without a story but more tits and violence

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Brian said:

I didn't mind this show at all. And the above quote is extremely on point.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Rome was pretty dull and bloated, and should've been a lot better than it was.

Spartacus - Blood and the Sand, pretends to be a blood, guts and boobs fest, but like good B-movies it's a lot better than that.
    It was well received and got commissioned for a second season, but sadly the lead who plays Spartacus has been battling cancer, so it's been put on hiatus.

• Options
    Brian said:
    this show is awesome

Roger Ebert can retire now. His successor is here.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    For the 4 people interested a new mini-season of Spartacus just started.

It's a prequel to the previous season, telling the story of Batiatus and his training school.