Tha Alkaholiks

ptq28ptq28 38 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Nuff said. My favorite hiphop group, by far and bar none. I'd love to see these cats live.. I'm out collect all of their 12"s, promos, special appearances, whatever.. I have a bunch of Alkaholiks 12"s and promo releases. Here's what I have:Likwidation Instrumentals (Promo Only LP)Hip Hop Drunkies 12"Likwit/Only When I'm Drunk 12"Make Room 12"Mary Jane 12"The Next Level 12"Daaaaam (w/ Buckwild Remix) 12"I know there are a bunch of other 12"s I'm missing..If anyone can let me know what I'm missing, that'd be the shit...

Comments

• yeah ive always loved these dudes..Tash has always been one of the illest to me. Funny,clever and has that "dont give a Fuckkkkk" vibe which always wins me over. And the beats were always dope. Anyone peeped that DVD they had out a few years back? Pretty funny(and it has titties..yippeee)...I had it on Ebay and the winner never paid up, I cant remember if I reposted it and sold it or if I still have it. SO you know what that means (PLUG PLUG)..if anyone is intersted in a trade or purchase..get at me.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    Click

That should get you started.

Yeah, one of my favorite groups from that period as well. I thought they had an album coming out on Koch?

• ptq28ptq28 38 Posts
    Thanks for the discog...I really appreciate it.. Now, it's off to dig...

• I thought they had an album coming out on Koch?

Translates to: their career is well and truly over.

What about "So International"?

Koch has it's moments....

What about "So International"?

Koch has it's moments....

Nah man, I was just joking really, there is some dope stuff (Alchemist LP etc). It does seem like a bit of a last chance saloon for aging rhymers though (Puba, KRS, PE , G Rap etc). Actually I didn't mind that PE album either (KRS's were terrible though).

• haha!

duly noted.

actually I know what you're sayin' but I can't give up on the Liks just yet I suppose. I forgot that Alchemist was on there, I definitely am liking what that dude is putting down. KRS is ouch! these days.

• I'll certainly give any new 'liks material a listen, but I wasn't too taken with that XO Experience lp. First 3 lps were noooiice though.

• I'm with that. I do remember giving it up in the club once or twice to "Best U Can" though, just a West Coast eccentric I suppose

• Daaaaam (w/ Buckwild Remix) 12"

I found a copy of this at an Oklahoma flea market for fitty cents

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Nobody's fuckin with the "Next Level" remix with the re-written Tash verse and Sting sample for the beat (Diamond D?).

Classic, unrelated J-Ro line: "Everyday I pray to God please/no more whack MC's."

• i still need that daaamn 12"!

meaty and i got to chill with j-ro in geneva. dude is cool as hell. he put us on the proper euro terminology for smoking joints with weed and hash together (no tobacco)..."my homeys in sweden tell me, don't go smoking those wizards[/b] they'll make you crazy."

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Tobacco and hash aaaaahhhh now you're takin' me back to France '98. Used to roll those bad boys like cigarettes. Europeans just can't feel the whole joint full of weed thing.

• i still need that daaamn 12"!

meaty and i got to chill with j-ro in geneva. dude is cool as hell. he put us on the proper euro terminology for smoking joints with weed and hash together (no tobacco)..."my homeys in sweden tell me, don't go smoking those wizards[/b] they'll make you crazy."

I got 2 of the Buckwild remix joints. hit me up.