SO... MY CITY'S ABOUT TO GO UNDERWATER....

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central

Fuck, does the American media report this kinda stuff?

Well, here's to wishing for better days...

peace.

Comments

• snosno 332 Posts
    Hope you are not in one of the areas therein:
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/infographics/qld-floods/brisbane.htm
    In any case, take good care of yourself, your family and your records...flood is no joke at all.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Buried in world internet news. Brisbane? Be safe man. Global warming seems to be hammering Australia right now. Sheeit.

• Options
    I'm sorry to say it's been getting almost no attention here.

Be careful out there.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Haven't seen much t.v. coverage but I see regular coverage on the nets. I hope you and your loved ones aren't in the path of the flooding.

• Options
    The_Non said:
    Buried in world internet news. Brisbane? Be safe man. Global warming seems to be hammering Australia right now. Sheeit.

And here in the US the new House leadership has scuttled the committee concerned with climate change.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    djsheep said:

Fuck, does the American media report this kinda stuff?

Well, here's to wishing for better days...

peace.

Bev, be careful. I hope things will be okay for you and your fam. Build an ark and fill it with records and hot women.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    thanks for the well wishes guys. I'm a little south of the city, but only 10 minutes... seems like I'm in the path and if it keeps raining like this it's only going to get worse.

I feel sorry for the businesses downtown that have already been suffering because of the economy, it's flooding down there and they've already started evacuating. time to play my drama libraries on the system while we go under!

live cam: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/brisbane-river-flood

peace.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Was just watching this. Shit just keeps getting worse throughout the vid :/

CRAZY

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Damn mate.... Hope Brissy doesnt cop it like Toowoomba and Gympie did.

Time to load your truck and head to Sydney.....

You live in flats or a house? I was up Nth Qld a while back and most houses where built on stilts...now I know why...

Fucking Crazy Aussie climate if it aint a drought its a flood.... either too much water or not enough..... :cry:

my house is on stilts, and it's high, but there's property higher than mine, so it downpours and I'm near a big creek kinda thing and lots of grass. This is seriously weaksauce, I don't even care about my records, just this cities copped it so hard since I've been home, I haven't seen anything but rain since coming back from tour, it's grim...

• djsheep said:
    my house is on stilts, and it's high, but there's property higher than mine, so it downpours and I'm near a big creek kinda thing and lots of grass. This is seriously weaksauce, I don't even care about my records, just this cities copped it so hard since I've been home, I haven't seen anything but rain since coming back from tour, it's grim...

Good luck man, shit is crazy........

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/01/australian_flooding.html

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Big_Chan said:
    djsheep said:

Bev, be careful. I hope things will be okay for you and your fam. Build an ark and fill it with records and hot women.
    I have a feeling Sheep's women have what it takes to keep him afloat without a problem.

Seriously though, be safe! I hope all ends up okay for you and yours!

• LokoOne said:
    Damn mate.... Hope Brissy doesnt cop it like Toowoomba and Gympie did.

Time to load your truck and head to Sydney.....

You live in flats or a house? I was up Nth Qld a while back and most houses where built on stilts...now I know why...

Fucking Crazy Aussie climate if it aint a drought its a flood.... either too much water or not enough..... :cry:

The problem is all that water flows down to us. Toowoomba as a city got hit hard becuase its in a little channel on the top of the range, Gympie becuase it's at the bottom. The dam is at almost 200% capacity and things are probably going to slowlyt get worse here, rather than the flash floods up the range. They are saying tomorrow and thursday will be much worse for Bris. I can see pontoon's and boats, whole tree's and plenty of debris flowing past my parents place. We should be ok I think (bottom floor of an apartment) but my parents rental property is flooded...

Pour a 40 out for the 500 odd records I had sitting there.

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Shit is so crazy. I hope all you QLD heads are safe and sound. Keep your heads up.
    People are saying that this is worse than the big flood they had in the 70's.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    I feel for QLD. You guys have had the toughest year!

Stay strong and safe. Brisbane is a great place! Hope it makes it through ok!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Saw this on the BBC news this morning. It looks crazy, especially if you're one of those people (like me) who's always assumed that the whole of Australia is blessed with endless sunshine around this time of year. It's easy to forget that climate change isn't necessarily about everywhere getting hotter, but is maybe more about extremes of weather fucking shit up. Stay safe, sheep, and all the Aussie contingent.

my hommie Tom, 5 minutes drive from the crib this evening...

if shit gets worse, this city is going to have to be rebuilt... dunno what to do to prepare, I'm grabbing my birth certificate and shit together just in case... where you at bobbydee?

lets hope these survive too...

peace.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    its truly heartbreaking to see this happening, hope you and your fam stay safe
    peace dL

for american peeps, to put things into realistic perspective; http://yfrog.com/h7864hmj

• the_dL said:
    its truly heartbreaking to see this happening, hope you and your fam stay safe
    This ... to all the WG crew. Stay safe and don't take any risks, even for records.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    b/w the area in Queensland under water is bigger than France and Germany combined

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    djsheep said:
    for american peeps, to put things into realistic perspective; http://yfrog.com/h7864hmj

Fucking hell. That's like the whole of England Britain and Ireland, underwater.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,883 Posts
    Wow.

You would make a killing selling Wellies.

Stay strong and dry.

• Damn this is awful. Stay safe folks, my thoughts are with you.

• gottttdaaam.
    i know youll be allright sheep, but be safe regardless. that hsit is terrible seeing everyone around you go through that drama.

water,fire,earthquakes...as much as we try to master it, nature always ends up being that untameable beast.

• I'm in East Brisbane B, staying with my parents. Their place is gonna be fine but the apartments at the end of the street are right on the river. Helped them sandbag last night, but the water is right up at it. My little sisters place in coorparoo where maybe half my records are stored is about knee deep. Helped my freind Ash move all her shit into her (pretty accommodating!) upstairs neighbors place in west end last night. Tired and too fucking hot!

Hey dude, doesn't sound too good re: your sisters place. I'm not too far from there, let me know if you want a hand to move some records to safety. I just checked out the latest maps and looks like we won't be affected where we are for the time being. The weather is so fucking extreme. It's like a heatwave at the moment. I'm PMing you my number now, I got the car loaded with petrol ready to roll if you need, and boxes to pack 'em too.

peace.

• :face_melt:

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    LA was just pounded with record-setting rain for about 2 weeks straight too.

Hope you can keep your valuables safe and dry!!

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    the main spot where all the news reporters are doing the stock "standing waist deep in water live on the scene" bit on tv is literally just down the road from me. I eat at the Grill'd in the background on the regular. I'm on top of a massive hill so i'm just kicking back with some beers. The next 12 hours are gonna get real interesting, water is supposed to rise another 2 metres. 4am the flood waters will peak coincinding with a king tide. Interesting times.