Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,915 Posts
    A pioneer several times over. RIP.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Rest In Peace.

I remember running w/ my buddy to look for sample records. Being a noob we ran up in Happy House thinkin' they gotta have joints. It seemed cleaned out of shit in '89, plus we werent looking at Gospel for beats,yo.
    Over the years it was one of those staples on '25th, blarin' Soul from some outdoor speakers or showing Gospel videos. U could cop local NYC Hip Hop there as well, like Mob Style when u couldnt downtown or in Brooklyn.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    batmon said:
    Rest In Peace.

I remember running w/ my buddy to look for sample records. Being a noob we ran up in Happy House thinkin' they gotta have joints. It seemed cleaned out of shit in '89, plus we werent looking at Gospel for beats,yo.
    Over the years it was one of those staples on '25th, blarin' Soul from some outdoor speakers or showing Gospel videos. U could cop local NYC Hip Hop there as well, like Mob Style when u couldnt downtown or in Brooklyn.

While I always wanted to go to Bobby's Happy House (never did), it was mainly for the experience of meeting Bobby Robinson. Given his reputation for owning one of the better-known R&B indie labels of the fifties and sixties, I assumed the collectors probably bought out all his vintage stock long ago...

R.I.P. and respect.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    RIP, a legend of the independent music industry.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    RIP, a legend of the music industry.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    RIP

I have always been fascinated by the little I have read about him.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    holmes said:
    RIP, a legend of the independent music industry.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts