New schitt has come to light...

waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
Los Angeles (CNN) -- A task force made up of local and federal law enforcement agencies is actively pursuing leads into the 1997 slaying of hip hop artist Christopher Wallace, better known as Biggie Smalls or Notorious B.I.G., according to two sources familiar with the investigation.

According to one law enforcement source, the investigation into the 13-year-old unsolved case was "reinvigorated" months ago as a result of new information, but the source would not elaborate further because of the ongoing investigation that includes the Los Angeles Police Department, L.A. County District Attorney's Office and the FBI.

On March 9, 1997, Wallace, 24, was shot and killed while riding in a Suburban that was driving away from a music industry party at the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles.

Los Angeles police said a lone gunman in a Chevy Impala pulled alongside the Suburban and opened fire on Wallace, who was in the passenger seat. Witnesses described the suspect as being an African-American man wearing a suit and bow tie.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/07/california.biggie.death.probe/index.html

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I got a rash, man.

• jjrocksjjrocks 109 Posts

• jjrocks said:

mind blown

• this is timely since I just saw this documentary on TV the other day: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biggie_&_Tupac

Anyone seen this? So the filmmaker is apparently a big deal in the UK, but I for one could NOT control my laughter at some of his narration/interview techniques. He seems like maybe he has a mild developmental disability (in which case I suppose laughing at him was kinda cruel and I apologize).

Content-wise the documentary DOES raise some shit, but it's kinda sloppy.

• rootlesscosmo said:
    this is timely since I just saw this documentary on TV the other day: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biggie_&_Tupac

Anyone seen this? So the filmmaker is apparently a big deal in the UK, but I for one could NOT control my laughter at some of his narration/interview techniques. He seems like maybe he has a mild developmental disability (in which case I suppose laughing at him was kinda cruel and I apologize).

Content-wise the documentary DOES raise some shit, but it's kinda sloppy.

nick broomfield has done a few of these exploito docs (i think he did one about courtney love having kurdt killed) and there always some priceless moments. he is not above flat out lying to his interview subjects.

my favourite part of that biggie/tupac doc is when he goes to the the penitentiary to interview suge knight in the prison yard and suge gives his "message to the children" which essentially turns into a not so veiled threat against snoop.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    this is timely since I just saw this documentary on TV the other day: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biggie_&_Tupac

quote]

For once I agree with you dude. This guys docos are more comedy than educational

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Didn't a cop from LA's Rampart Div. kill biggie? Did they find some new evidence against the guy?

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    breadwinner said:

...that had not occurred to us, Dude.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    I watched that documentary recently too.

Pretty shocking really. Im convinced that the LAPD whilst working for Suge had something to with Biggies death. Proof being the fact that the main cop investigating the shooting (who seemed pretty genuine) got pulled off the case when he thought that the LAPD officers working for Suge were linked to the shooting & needed investigating. Youve then got the witness (was it Puffys bodyguard?) who confirmed the LAPD officers presence when he viewed his photograph (for the 1st time!). This photo also matches the police impression that Lil Cease drew.

If additional evidence has come forth then maybe it's from the surveillance operation that was apparently occurring?

On the other hand the Pac shooting being linked to Suge in that docu is strange. Why would Suge be sat in car if he knew it was going to get shot at?!? Doesnt make sense.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

Has to be better than the bizarre and embarrassingly bad doc about 2Pac and Mike Tyson produced for ESPN's "30 For 30" series. I'd steer clear of that one, unless you like your true crime documentaries infused with comic-book cut scenes, slam-style poetry and Mickey Rourke.